Anyone on here trout fish the clinch?

Tenntrapper

Poor advice, one the Holston water temps right now are borderline and the fish should be left alone until they cool back down. Second, there's one access point for wading at Nances Ferry and Right now the water temps have caused those fish to push upstream
I didn't notice it today, but for the last few weeks, when driving by the dam, the water coming through had a horrific order. Is that all the stagnant water on the bottom? Or what?

jlanecr500

There are 3 oxygen lines in front of Norris dam on the lake side opposite the marina. They are there to oxygenated the water before it flows thru the generators to the river. I was told that they are there only for that reason. I would think that someone dropped the ball by not turning on the oxygen. I've noticed , while fall striper fishing, that they haven't been on as much the last few years.

Last edited:

M T Pockets 000

I have waded and floated the Clinch for many years. Always got our limit even just sitting and fishing from the bank at low flow. Haven't waded in a few years due to neuropathy. Have fished from the bank and floated. Have even fished up stream from Mnt View launch to 61 bridge and float back down. Catch more shad and white bass than anything else.
Screenshot_20210724-085500.jpgIMG_20210724_084704.jpg
The above pic was taken just above the jail. That small trout was all we caught

7mm08

IMO…. Ever since Bull Run shut down and the need for a minimal 8hour cold water pulse to keep the generators cool …… the Clinch has been on decline.
Despite slot limits to protect bigger fish which helped for a long time I think. Big problems is development along Norris and the lazy arse TWRA that doesn't patrol the Clinch. My other pet peeve is the fisheries department publishes stocking dates and then dumps fish into the pools at the boat ramps where the local toothless wonders line up and snag them out by the cooler fulls!!!

jlanecr500

IMO…. Ever since Bull Run shut down and the need for a minimal 8hour cold water pulse to keep the generators cool …… the Clinch has been on decline.
Despite slot limits to protect bigger fish which helped for a long time I think. Big problems is development along Norris and the lazy arse TWRA that doesn't patrol the Clinch. My other pet peeve is the fisheries department publishes stocking dates and then dumps fish into the pools at the boat ramps where the local toothless wonders line up and snag them out by the cooler fulls!!!
I took this picture August 6th 2023. They appear to still be generating. At least until the new sub station across the river is completed to take the load off the steam plant.

1000002025.jpg

Latest posts