Place stand in chase area?

LanceS4803

Deer are chasing (and feeding) in a 10 acres block of the woods. My stand is on the edge on this wooded area, and I have been watching them every morning, about 75yds from me. They are rarely venturing out, except during dark.

Is it worthwhile to move my climber into the woods, figuring they will be too busy to notice my noise and walking scent trail (I'm bowhunting)? Or, just wait them out on the edge?

in the dog house

If i were u i would go to the thickest spot on the wood lot..... wait for the right wind and go 30 yards in and get up 25 ft or more ..... let things settle ( or hour before 1st light if in the am)... give a few doe bleats, wait bout 10 min if he doesn't come your way give a few young buck grunts ... the 30 yards that u go in will give him security to feel like he can get behind you without having to get out in the open ... Hes going to come in there to run off the little buck your imitating and try to get behind you but you should get a shot before he gets a chance to make it there. A few light rattles will help bring him in too but not loud rattles. But if he does get behind you your scent will go over his back because he wont go out in the open in daylight.... good luck hope u get a MONSTER!!!!

Latest posts