Old School Hunting UPDATED PICS

BSK

Congrats on a cool hunt and kill!

Normally I would say that buck's rack is due to pedicle damage. But the close-up of his left (spike) antler makes me think that spike was due to damage to the antler when it was first growing, probably early May.

cbhunter

That's some sweet detail on that stock. Very nice. Congrats on the deer as well. Let us know if it is the C&R from last year. That would be cool.
I'd bet on it

Attachments

• 62DDEC13-1BA6-4CE8-9EFF-9758D00A8AA7.jpeg
    62DDEC13-1BA6-4CE8-9EFF-9758D00A8AA7.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 31

gasman

Normally I would say that buck's rack is due to pedicle damage. But the close-up of his left (spike) antler makes me think that spike was due to damage to the antler when it was first growing, probably early May.
If it's damage to the pedicle, is it permanent damage? If it's damage to the soft antler is that permanent? Or would next year it would have grown correctly?

Spurhunter

I'm probably going to open a big can of worms here, but where do you stand on cull bucks? Obviously a 4 year old spike or something crazy like that could be a cull, but I think it's somewhat rare. I watched a documentary years ago about whitetails in a fence that were ear tagged for antler research. The conclusion was some years a buck would have a messed up rack due to injury or damage, then the next year he was usually fine.

gasman

Gasman can you link last years story? I don't remember it?
Here you go

Specializedjon

Good buck brother and love the 30-30. I've got a nice 30-30 but it's locked up in safe and dummy me can't find the keys so far. @Specializedjon I'm going to get into that safe one way or another after thanksgiving
My offer will continue to drop the longer I have to wait 😂

My wife thanks you for not being able to access your safe.

Hduke86

My offer will continue to drop the longer I have to wait 😂

My wife thanks you for not being able to access your safe.
I don't even know why I moved the dang keys. One of those "I'll move them here to remember where they're at stupid moves" lol

And I think if you get down to $2,000 that I'm still good with that lol

Latest posts