Oak Ridge This Weekend

CountryBoy053

Was out there all day in bow zone. Never seen anything except 3 hunters at 8 am who sat up 80 yards away despite hooting at them. Waving hats. Whistling and shinning flashlights. Moved to a different area and had people walk all around me at 4pm as well.

Will more than likely be back out tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattmillard510

I've always said the clips were too tight on the T3 and even worse on the Havoc. Rage for me!

There still should be more blood on that arrow regardless of blade deployment in my opinion

It's been very slow. Seen a doe fawn this morning and had some move thru at last light yesterday. Couldn't really see them though

Thirty-06

I've had the worst luck with the t3s this year shot two does found one and never found the other and with no blood both arrows didn't pass through. When they are new out of the box they are good but when u replace the clips and start messing with them or one pops open in your quiver I think the need to be tossed. In the past they have been fine could just be my luck this year with them

cbdunn21

I finally found him! I went back in looking at first light, and found some blood and hair. Not much blood but not hard to track for the first 80 yards. Unfortunately, when I got to where he started walking the blood became very meager, and I lost blood about where I had last seen him. I walked up and down every trail and criss-crossing the woods looking for anything for hours. Finally, I got a break. About 100 yards from last blood, I found more hair believe it or not. I knew there was a water hole about 200 yards further in that direction so I stalked over there looking for him bedded down. As I was walking around the water hole, I spotted him 50 yards away from it already dead. He was sealed up tight. No blood in the bed and the wound was plugged which explains the lack of blood.

It took half the day, but I was thrilled to recover him. The shot went through 2 lobes of the liver and grazed the gut at a steep angle coming out low. I hated to leave him overnight, but had little choice. With the lengthy recovery and warm weather, i'm afraid we won't be able to salvage much meat.

cbdunn21

It appears that the 2 blades did not deploy. I see the three cuts and 1 is definitely longer than the other 2 in both the ribs and liver. I have heard of mechanicals having issues with extreme angles, and this one was quite steep, but certainly not extreme. I'm considering going back to fixed blades, but that's another thread...

Pinwheeled

TheLBLman":1tw9obff said:
Glad you found your deer.

Your experience, and those of so many others, is why I shoot fixed blade heads, specifically, the 4-blade Slick Tricks.

Same here

cbdunn21

I think they said 24 on saturday, 8 today when I checked mine in. That was the only deer we saw this weekend.

cbdunn21

Attachments

• 20151213_112336.jpg
    20151213_112336.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 20151213_121610.jpg
    20151213_121610.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 252

TNWhit3tail

Nice deer! Congrats! I love the T3s. Never had issues with deployment. I use fixed blades too though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest posts