Anybody else scout Oak Ridge today?

Black Titan

Just got home from being out since 8am. Went up several hollers and draws, not finding much of anything. Finally found a spot I think might pan out, couple of scrapes, a bed about 40 yards away, but I have not seen a single rub all year. Even hunting Norris last week, nothing. Did see a few old rubs today, but they were last years it seems.

How did everyone else do?

BT

deerfever

The hunt is usually crowded, wait until you get set up and someone walks in right before daylight that scouted after you did and they let you know their stand is already on a tree 50 yards from you .Lol, unless it's changed and they don't let you hang them on scout day anymore . I never did but lots of people usually do . Good luck to all.that got drawn , weather should be way better next weekend.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
The hunt is usually crowded, wait until you get set up and someone walks in right before daylight that scouted after you did and they let you know their stand is already on a tree 50 yards from you .Lol, unless it's changed and they don't let you hang them on scout day anymore . I never did but lots of people usually do . Good luck to all.that got drawn , weather should be way better next weekend.
TRUTH!!!

bigjohn

2-Step Enabled
Anyone else hear that they are starting to have wild hog problems? My cousin works at ORNL and has been seeing them as he travels to and from work.

Black Titan

Anyone else hear that they are starting to have wild hog problems? My cousin works at ORNL and has been seeing them as he travels to and from work.

Have not heard this but did hear about a bear running down the railroad tracks along Blair Rd near poplar creek.

I wish we could carry on these hunts because of bear, and now hogs. I hate going into the woods in the dark, unarmed.

BT

mike243

Ok there are 37000ac there and all of it can't be hunted but why shouldn't they call it a wma? all property's need somebody to call the shots, can't let it run wild. common sense dictates that.

arctic_cat

I haven't seen any in person but there was an article on our homepage that had a picture of them and that they were now around. I haven't personally talked to anyone out here that has actually seen them either but per the article they are definitely here on the reservation

Latest posts