Nock point placement?

TLRanger

Here is my situation: Replacing string, cable and arrow rest. My bow is a Mathews Drenalin, 29 in draw, 60 lb limbs. Axle to axle is 33 inches.

Is there a certain point on the string that I should place my nock? Mid point of string should be 16.5 inches.

Any help is appreciated!

TNDeerGuy

Nock points are set as a relation to the Berger hole on the riser, not a point on the measurement of the string in order to get a centershot.

On the Solocam Mathews, you'll want to set the nock point at ⅛" high of center, as a starting point--you may have to move it slightly from there for tuning reasons.

Install your rest, then using an arrow, adjust the height of the rest to where the arrow completely bisects the Berger hole. Once you get that done your ready to set your nock point. Either using a bow square, or other methods, you then set the nock point ⅛" high of center.

TLRanger

Thanks for the info.........I knew that you had to line up the arrow with the berger button hole in the riser but thought maybe just maybe there
was a measurement on the string that would help....eg-up 1 inch from center or some other measurement that would be a good starting point.

I use a bow square and eyeball the center location of the arrow to the hole in the riser and then guess where the nock point will have to be.

Guess it is mostly set it and check. Re-set it if wrong.

Will get it right eventually...................

TNDeerGuy

You shouldn't need to do any guessing at all. Install and square the rest, nock an arrow and get it squared within the Berger hole, tighten the rest, install bow square on the string and where the arrow will sit on the rest using the 0 line and then using the vertical measurements​ on the square by the string install a loose nock in the middle of whatever measurement you need.

However, there is another way to do this (or double check your bow square measurement) without using a square, and provided your bow has an flat cutout shelf.
Nock an arrow and then take another arrow and place it on the shelf and measure in a couple of different locations to make sure you're square. Once you've found your square line, make a reference mark on the string (or use the arrow you've already got nocked as a reference) then use a tape measure to set/check your nock height from there.

The reason why there isn't a measurement along the string, is because that number will likely be different everytime you change strings, adjust poundage, etc... because it will affect ATA, which will in turn change nock and peep heights slightly.

Latest posts