“Nock Pinch”

BAMA BOW MERKER

New D-loop put on my bow, small gap between nock and loop. 1/16 in maybe. How big of a gap is ideal? Is that to avoid nock pinch?

I hope this doesn't get taken out of context lol

Attachments

• F36E22E1-B8F1-4CA9-BB94-B8579668F227.png
    F36E22E1-B8F1-4CA9-BB94-B8579668F227.png
    272 KB · Views: 35

UCStandSitter

New D-loop put on my bow, small gap between nock and loop. 1/16 in maybe. How big of a gap is ideal? Is that to avoid nock pinch?

I hope this doesn't get taken out of context lol
That's usually about where I am. Provided those are your hunting nocks and you aren't adding lighted nocks later. I think that's where a lot of fellas screw up honestly. They practice with regular nocks and then pop in the lighted nocks the night before hunting and get pinch because the lighted ones are larger

Black Titan

Just make sure you're consistent on where you nock on the string. Your POI will change based on if you have the nock resting on the bottom knot or against the top knot. I recently discovered this while trying to sight in my new bow sight and was chasing my tail because I would shoot high, move my sight up, then too low, move my sight down, high again, tiniest of sight movement, way low.

I started thinking I was getting vane contact or my rest had gone out of time, but all of that checked out ok. Then I checked my nock point, and I use nocking point thread inside my d loop to create a nocking point. The top thread had come off, assuming I didn't burn the knot down properly. So when I nocked an arrow, sometimes it would be nocked high, sometimes low, changing my POI each time.

BT

Latest posts