Food Plots No more horn madness..

Bgoodman30

Apparently this is what will replace the Horn Madness mix at Co op.I had good success with the Horn Madness mix but this one looks pretty good for the price. I might give it a go especially on my bigger plots.
IMG_3402.JPEG
I
IMG_3403.JPEG

Big Pop

For us small plot guys that are spreading the seed with a manual spreader or pulling a spreader behind an ATV I don't think you get a good mixture with the small seeds trickling to the bottom of your spreader. That's why I always make my own blend of similar sized seeds. Seem to get a better distribution with it.

Bgoodman30

For us small plot guys that are spreading the seed with a manual spreader or pulling a spreader behind an ATV I don't think you get a good mixture with the small seeds trickling to the bottom of your spreader. That's why I always make my own blend of similar sized seeds. Seem to get a better distribution with it.
Right. I am going to try some of this on our big field. On smaller plots I might try some different mix but I had great success with Whitetail institute oats I might plant that and add some clover/turnips. Coop makes a clover/ turnip blend for food plots.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Add some pelletized lime or fertilizer to your seed blend and your small seeds will distribute very evenly. I love my hidey hole woodland plots that have to be planted with an atv spreader and I really like planting wheat and annual clover in them or rye with turnips and radishes. I get good seed distribution every time using this method

BSK

I love my hidey hole woodland plots that have to be planted with an atv spreader and I really like planting wheat and annual clover in them or rye with turnips and radishes. I get good seed distribution every time using this method
An ATV/UTV/Pickup spreader is all I've ever used. Although I use a pretty good one (I've gone through two Herd Seeders over the years). However, I need to make my current one last a little longer. Herd seeders used to run $350-400. The newest ones go for $1,200! Ouch!

tellico4x4

An ATV/UTV/Pickup spreader is all I've ever used. Although I use a pretty good one (I've gone through two Herd Seeders over the years). However, I need to make my current one last a little longer. Herd seeders used to run $350-400. The newest ones go for $1,200! Ouch!
Good thing about the Herds are that you can rebuild them. Mines about 18 years old & have replaced several parts over time.

Latest posts