Nikon Warranty more to the story

KPH

A few weeks ago had a Nikon scope to go bad. Now I knew Nikon had stooped rifle scopes last January or so. I called them them they said send it in so I did. Got a E Mail today saying they no longer had scopes to replace it with, but would give me a 350.00 dollar credit at their Nikon store. I looked at what they had and didn't see anything I wanted or needed or thought I wanted. Now my wife is a darn good photographer and has at least three real good cameras, she now has a forth on it way. I still need a scope so it is going to be awhile till I can get one.
Anyway if you have a Nikon scope and it goes bad don't look for a replacement from them.

Andy S.

Re: Nikon Warranty

Not surprised at this, but would like to know what you thought the fair market value of the scope was that you sent in, had everything been perfect on it? In other words, did they give you a $350 voucher for a $350 scope, or for a $150 scope?

KPH

Andy S.":3c5h8nft said:
Not surprised at this, but would like to know what you thought the factor market value of the scope was that you sent in, had everything been perfect on it? In other words, did they give you a $350 voucher for a $350 scope, or for a $150 scope?
I had the scope for a long time and really don't know what I gave for it but I don't think it was a $350.00 dollar scope. So in that I suppose my wife came out ahead.

fairchaser

I would say they made good on the warranty the best way they could. Nice to know.

KPH

WE got the camera she ordered and she took it out and tried it came back in and said it was not for her she could do better with her phone, even tho she don't like to take phone pictures. So now we are going to try and send it back and maybe I will try to find something I don't need to order. The shame is I am down a scope I need to replace.

HatchieLuvr

Hate to hear this, used to be Nikon's optic quality was unsurpassed. I have about as many Nikon's as I do Leupold's and I'm honestly shocked that you found a camera of theirs that is subpar.

DaveB

I had a nikon and a yashica from Vietnam.

The yashica outlasted the nikon and i fact I still have it. sooo, 50 years as of 9/25/20.

I am one of those people who think the transition from film to digital was a terrible decision in terms of quality. There are hundreds of millions of picture elements in SLR 35 mm film. Digital is a tradeoff in quality for convenience.

I have had two nikon digital cameras. Both died painful deaths.

KPH

Widowmaker":3cw387j3 said:
Can you just sell the camera to fund another scope?
The problem there is who would want a $350.00 + point and shoot that is not much better than a cell phone. I would even hate to unload it on some one. I don't know what Nikon could do but I wish it was something else.

Widowmaker

KPH":1nq8cd8j said:
Widowmaker":1nq8cd8j said:
Can you just sell the camera to fund another scope?
The problem there is who would want a $350.00 + point and shoot that is not much better than a cell phone. I would even hate to unload it on some one. I don't know what Nikon could do but I wish it was something else.

Definitely not the best circumstances. Just a thought to recoup some of the money invested. Hopefully another call with Nikon would help.

Tenntrapper

Just curious. Does she just not like how the camera operates, or is it a picture quality thing? I ask because we have a couple Nikon cameras. What you see in the "playback" on that little screen isn't the true picture. Try putting the SD card in your computer and viewing them. It still may not be what she's looking for, but it helps with ours.

KPH

Tenntrapper":2ovi2pz2 said:
Just curious. Does she just not like how the camera operates, or is it a picture quality thing? I ask because we have a couple Nikon cameras. What you see in the "playback" on that little screen isn't the true picture. Try putting the SD card in your computer and viewing them. It still may not be what she's looking for, but it helps with ours.
She puts most everything through the computer and she is pretty much professional, knows more about cameras than I want to know. There is something with the camera that just don't work for her.

Latest posts