Next four games!

THEdonkey0515

Maybe it's recency bias, but in my lifetime I don't think there's ever been somebody like DK in orange & white. Not just taking over a game but watching him get the ball and wonder what he's going to do next…
In most mocks he was a top 15 pick before tonight's game. So your probably right.

Many think his gonna be the first college player taking in the draft. You would probably have to go back to the 70's when Bernard king was averaging 26+ for UT to find someone that could score at all 3 levels like DK has for UT.

deerhunter10

Maybe it's recency bias, but in my lifetime I don't think there's ever been somebody like DK in orange & white. Not just taking over a game but watching him get the ball and wonder what he's going to do next…
We've never had a player lime him. We've had some good players a few greats but none as good as him.

PalsPal

Great game. When Knect gets in that zone, it's a fantastic thing to see. That type of performance would have been incredible to see live.

I will say that he was getting held quite a bit, and even though he would tell the ref, he didn't let it affect him.

PalsPal

You would probably have to go back to the 70's when Bernard king was averaging 26+ for UT to find someone that could score at all 3 levels like DK has for UT.

I agree. Lofton was a shooter, Ellis was awesome with his back to the basket (at Tn), but Knect has it all.

So glad we're able to see him, and wish he had another year.

volboy

I agree. Lofton was a shooter, Ellis was awesome with his back to the basket (at Tn), but Knect has it all.

So glad we're able to see him, and wish he had another year.
Alan Houston wasn't too bad.
The best game by a UT player I saw in person, I sat on 4th row half court in Stokely and watched The Wizard go for 51 against auburn. He put on a show.
But like others have said for all 3 levels Knecht, King and Houston would be my top 3.

Gravey

Only saw the 2nd half and all I needed to see. Knecht was a beast.
image000001.jpeg

scn

No sir before my time
I was blessed to see King play every game he played in Stokely Athletic Center. In King's last two seasons that often meant standing out all night in the cold in line to get tickets for the game. I remember it being 15 degrees one of those January nights. Fortunately, I had my duck hunting clothes up there so I didn't get cold.

But, you are totally correct that DK is the best player the Vols have had in modern times.

PalsPal

I was maybe 12 or so when King was at UT, so I wasn't really paying attention even though my dad had season tickets. But when I got a little older, I started following his NBA career, and was able watch a lot of his games on one of those cable TV superstations.

He and Knect are the only ones that are virtually unstoppable when they are on. Put a smaller player on them, and they shoot over you. A bigger player gets blown by.

Here are a few TN highlights.

THEdonkey0515

My favorite Bernard king stat

"As Bernard King walked off the court at Memorial Gym after a deflating 88-82 loss on Jan. 13, 1975, a Kentucky fan flipped a lit cigarette into the Tennessee legend's hair. Outraged, King vowed he would never lose to Kentucky again. He vigorously carried out that promise, finishing his career 5-1 against the Wildcats."

Latest posts