Next bama coach

scn

If his quarterback had been close to as accurate as he had been all season, he would be coming to Bama off of a NC. He dialed up enough winning plays if the QB had done his job.

I hate to see him going to Bama with their resources.

Biggun4214

Reading some of these posts I can see coaches with really good programs not wanting the job. First Saban is a hard act to follow. Second if he is going to hang around as an "advisor" no one that considers their self a good head coach would want to feel like an assistant coach.

Zulu

I'm happy with the decision, so is my group of Alabama supporters. He was my top choice from among those who were reasonably available. I would have love to have gotten Kirby or Sark, but those two would be stupid to ever leave where they currently are. I'm willing to give DeBoer time to get it together. Next year is a mulligan ... just come in over .500 and beat Auburn. Year two at least back in the national conversation, then truly back in the hunt years 3+. That's not as fast as Saban did it, but he ain't Saban (nor is anyone else).

I'm just as happy Kiffin stayed where he is. Ole Miss is my "other" school (baby girl's alma mater) and Kiffin's a good fit there. Ole Miss is a little weird and quirky, and so is Lane, so it's a perfect match as far as I'm concerned.

govols

I'm sure he was their top candidate right after Lanning, Sark and Norvell. He's got a good record, most in NAIA but he's a winner. Great X's and O's guy, can he recruit to sustain winning in the Power 5? To be seen....

PillsburyDoughboy

I think Deboar would be a good hire. I'm a little surprised so many alabama fans against that. Who do yal want?
Im looking at several of the ALABAMA boards and for the most part I see mostly glowing likes on the hire.

Ive seen exactly ONE Washington game that I recall and that is when they took Oregon out of centention . I was Impressed by them. They looked really good.

Here are my reciepts.

Too Funny.

Lets be honest folks. Does anyone Really want to sit down and watch a Michigan V FSU game? Do you realize with the current Roster at FSU how much of a slaughter that would be?

The Playoff Committe has set this years National Championship to be potentially one of the best ones on record IMHO. It truely is going to be a shootout to the very end. ALL 4 of these teams really have a shot. In years past you could predictably say one of the teams was strongly the favorite. Honestly Its going to come down the wire on this one guys.

I am really hoping to see a ALABAMA V Texas shootout

With that said I watched the Washington Oregon Game. Washington had some BIG dudes on their team. I was impressed with their overall size and the speed of the team. They looked really good. I think they have the potentiental to give Sark and Texas a run for their money. Sark really does have a great offensive mind and will certainly come in with a great game plan.

Gonna be great. Roll Tide.

redblood

Not sure if he would be interested. But he had great success at southeastern louisiana and is coming off a huge upset win at the Bourbon Bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_8532.jpeg
    IMG_8532.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 8

wayne

Really? He took a struggling 4-8 Washington team and in 2 seasons took them to a National Championship. Guy groomed a serious contender for a Heisman too. Did Butch Jones do anything remarkably close to that as a head coach the entire time he was with the vols? Answer??? NOPE!
Sure. Penix was a steaming pile of crap at Indiana.

Last edited:

JBell

I think Deboar would be a good hire. I'm a little surprised so many alabama fans against that. Who do yal want?
I haven't seen much kick back. I'm definitely happy with the choice. He's not nick, but no one is. He will impress me if he fires Rees day 1!!😂

bloodtrailing

I'm sure he was their top candidate right after Lanning, Sark and Norvell. He's got a good record, most in NAIA but he's a winner. Great X's and O's guy, can he recruit to sustain winning in the Power 5? To be seen....
He was one of two. Dabo was the other. Norvell was out when NIL issues came up. Kirby is home at Georgia and not leaving voluntarily. I would assume Dabo does not want to come behind Saban. Fans need to come back to reasonable expectations.

deerhunter10

I haven't seen much kick back. I'm definitely happy with the choice. He's not nick, but no one is. He will impress me if he fires Rees day 1!!😂
On Facebook some people are losing their minds, mainly about recruiting. But recruiting to Washington compared to Alabama is apple's and oranges. Ps I'm a tennessee fan I wish yal would hire butch.

Iglow

This whole thing is pointing out how imbalanced and disconnected from reality the bama fan base is. Y'all have had an exceptional run but y'all act like it's gonna just go on for eternity, that no other teams can rise up, it's crazy.
Alabama is gonna have to face Auburn and Hugh Freeze ( beat Saban twice with frickin Ole Miss ) every year, they are gonna face Tennessee and Josh Heupel every year, Kiffin and Ole Miss, Kelly and LSU, Sark and Texas, Smart and Georgia, Venables and Oklahoma . Do you really think those guys/teams are gonna just roll over and wet themselves when bama shows up? Do you realize how much steeper the mountain is getting? Do y'all realize that someone besides Alabama might know a little about recruiting? That not every kid on earth is dreaming of crimson every night? Y'all need to get a grip.

Bamamonts

This whole thing is pointing out how imbalanced and disconnected from reality the bama fan base is. Y'all have had an exceptional run but y'all act like it's gonna just go on for eternity, that no other teams can rise up, it's crazy.
Alabama is gonna have to face Auburn and Hugh Freeze ( beat Saban twice with frickin Ole Miss ) every year, they are gonna face Tennessee and Josh Heupel every year, Kiffin and Ole Miss, Kelly and LSU, Sark and Texas, Smart and Georgia, Venables and Oklahoma . Do you really think those guys/teams are gonna just roll over and wet themselves when bama shows up? Do you realize how much steeper the mountain is getting? Do y'all realize that someone besides Alabama might know a little about recruiting? That not every kid on earth is dreaming of crimson every night? Y'all need to get a grip.
I haven't seen any of that. In fact I've posted the opposite. I do think Deboer can win and hopefully win some Championships. The mountain is steep for everybody. Bama fans hope to keep winning just like every other fan base wants to win. I don't expect to be as good without Saban but to think Bama can't get a coach that can win is silly. Just like it's silly to think Bama will never lose.
The future is uncertain everywhere but I think Deboer is a good hire. Time will tell.

BamaProud

I don't think Alabama is going to roll over just because Saban retired eighter. Maybe DeBoer is the next Saban or maybe he is the next Derek Dooley, who knows. It will be interesting to see how it all works out(or not). Roll Tide.

Crow Terminator

Just because we aren't doing like what some of you are wanting us to do (throwing a fit, crying that the world is ending because Saban is gone and saying Bama football is dead and gone and then jump ship). That's the jest of what I see of it...some of you want us to do exactly that and have wished for it for a long time. I and every other Bama fan knows, things will be different. But we'll see how it goes and still be Bama fans.

PillsburyDoughboy

Like next year is your year crap? Feels like 98 crap? Champions Of Life crap? You mean unreasonable expectations like that sorta crap that have been going on for 25 years ???

Unlike certain teams and coaches that pop off at the mouth about having a program that can play with anyone anytime crap... ALABAMA has one.

DeBoer has a record of winning everywhere he has been. I look forward to seeing him do the same at ALABAMA.

Latest posts