new to reloading

wrcox

Anyone have any advice for someone wanting to get into reloading. What's the best manual to use and which powder works.best

sneakboxer

I would get a few loading books and read them cover to cover prior to buying any gear. I started with the ABC's of reloading, Lee and Hornady. They all have a good section on beginning and safety.
If you know someone that reloads seek them out for guidance.

As for the powder, i'd hold off till you are all set up. And then i'd chose something slow and bulky to help lessen the chances of a double charge.

Best of luck, its an addiction.

Tiny

DVD's are a help for those thinking about getting started in reloading.

After deciding were to or not I would suggest a Reloading Starter Kit,and the Manual for the Bullet Company you plan to start out with. Ex. Hornady for there XTP's

Ask Questions a lot of good Reloaders around here even if we don't always agree on some finer points.

What esle are you planing to re-load???

Pick a powder that will be useable in as many you plan on loading for.

Good Luck

wrcox

As I stated. I plan on starting with 9mm then maybe 38 & 357. If all goes.well and I don't blow anything up then maybe some 30 06

44fanatic

R.I.P.
sneakboxer said:
I would get a few loading books and read them cover to cover prior to buying any gear. I started with the ABC's of reloading, Lee and Hornady. They all have a good section on beginning and safety.
If you know someone that reloads seek them out for guidance.

[color:#FF0000]As for the powder, i'd hold off till you are all set up. And then i'd chose something slow and bulky to help lessen the chances of a double charge.[/color]
Best of luck, its an addiction.

X2. Youtube videos are also a good source of information.

Beekeeper

There are more reloading books than there are reloading component manufactures. Be careful and don't experiment out of the safe ranges listed in these manuals.

Latest posts