Tried something new to me today...

Tenntrapper

I bought some 260 Remington SRP (Peterson) from another forum member.
My intent was to use it for 7/08. I started yesterday running a few through my 7/08 FL sizing die. Tried it in the rifle and it was very tight. I could close the bolt, but it was really stiff. I concluded that my issue was at the neck/shoulder junction. It was more of a radius than a sharp angle. I talked with @MUP about it and was still uncertain what to do. Today I talked to @jlanecr500 and decided to try fire forming. I've got plenty of SRP and inexpensive bullets. I've also got various powders that, although data is available for the 7/08, I don't have enough to really start load development. I've got other powders that I will use for actual loads.
So....I caught a break in the rain today so I loaded up one as a test. (145g hot core over 38g of RL15). Fired it...almost no felt recoil.
Bolt opened easily. Put brass back in chamber and closed....easy. Great...it actually worked.
I then compared it to one of the others...I could actually now see that it was in that junction....much sharper now. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me now getting all this brass formed.

And just an FYI....I've got plenty of other brass, I just wanted to do this as a project...and burn up some powder that I have no use for.
Also to note....there are no other centerfires in the house. Everything is 7/08, so no chance of it getting stuck in the wrong gun (260 head stamp).

Anyway, this was something new for me...just thought I would share. Also a big thanks to Jerry and Steve...👍👍👍👍

Gav-n-Tn

I like tinkering around with that kind of stuff. In my case, I kinda have to for at least one caliber (45-75 Win from 348 Win) and it's cheaper to in another (7.7 Jap from 30-06). One of my favorite forums on another site is about case forming.

mr.big

I used some Lapua Palma brass for a 7-08 and it was the same way on the first firing after necking it down. It was a little hard to close but works great after the first firing
I'm not sure if the small primers are better or worse but it was what I had on hand,,

Latest posts