NEW 270WSM brass?

Boll Weevil

Anyone got any or know someone with any they'd part with? I have a bunch of once fired but need new for this particular load recipe.

Boll Weevil

I've got a custom reloader who says he can't load to the pressure in the recipe without new. I questioned it too, same as you. I don't reload so wouldn't know head or tails while this guy…he's been doing it for nearly 60 years.

Tenntrapper

I've got a custom reloader who says he can't load to the pressure in the recipe without new. I questioned it too, same as you. I don't reload so wouldn't know head or tails while this guy…he's been doing it for nearly 60 years.
Did he specify a certain brand? Different brands are different thickness....which will change pressure. Not to mention, what shoots fine in one gun, might show pressure in another. I think I would be hesitant to use him for ammo. Sounds like he's just going to load max loads and hope the new brass covers his arse. But that's just me. He may be fine.

Jcalder

Also, if he's loading to point only new brass will withstand the pressure, I wouldn't shoot one of those in my rifle. As stated above, brands of brass could have varying case capacity and it could be disaster for you.

Small company.
I might see this simply as they don't know the abuse the previous fired cases have had. But if he threw out pressure that's not a good sign

Tenntrapper

Norma and nosler I can see...and Hornady isn't bad. But I would put Lapua, Peterson, and Alpha above Hornady... assuming they make brass for 270wsm, and you can find it.

Jcalder

Norma and nosler I can see...and Hornady isn't bad. But I would put Lapua, Peterson, and Alpha above Hornady... assuming they make brass for 270wsm, and you can find it.
Hornady for the cost isn't even in the ballpark. Why people pay that when they could get any of the others you mentioned for nearly same money is beyond me.

Billboy

New brass is almost impossible to find. Here is a mix of new/fired available. Not me, BTW...

Latest posts