New squirrel gun...

Tenntrapper

That one's a real beaut. I'm a sucker for a schnabel forend. It probably has a "pressure pad" hump as a contact point at the front of the barrel channel like my new LVT. I'm thinking about sanding mine down and free floating it. I get good groups out of several different types of ammo with it, save one flyer almost every time.

Oh yeah, I swapped out the trigger group with one that I did years ago. It's not a Kidd, but it's pretty nice still. You could always get a Ruger BXT (I think?) aftermarket drop-in trigger for it if yours is that bad
Thanks. That's the reason I bought it...the pretty wood and Schnabel forend. To be honest, I didn't expect it to be a tack driver. I was just looking for something to carry in the squirrel woods that wasn't just the run of the mill 22. I love the little rifle, and who knows...it might smooth out some as it gets more rounds through it. As for adding an aftermarket trigger group...I'll likely skip that.
Not looking to dump more money into it to get it to shoot. Adding much more...and I would be in the CZ ballpark, and I've got a CZ that would likely out shoot it even with the trigger upgrade.
Don't take any of this as bashing the 10/22...it wasn't meant that way. I knew going in what it was...and what to expect. But I'm sure it will still suit my needs.

Lilbuckgetter

The marlin 60 is more accurate outta the box. The drop in trigger box price vs doing urself for maybe 50$ on Marlins springs recoil springs ejector wire/springs. Ruger has one ejector and the magazine does the rest

Lilbuckgetter

gave 100$ and put 80$ tops in parts rebuilding. Took to original, stained, multiple coats of true gun oil. It's took a beating coon hunting

Tenntrapper

That one's a real beaut. I'm a sucker for a schnabel forend. It probably has a "pressure pad" hump as a contact point at the front of the barrel channel like my new LVT. I'm thinking about sanding mine down and free floating it. I get good groups out of several different types of ammo with it, save one flyer almost every time.

Oh yeah, I swapped out the trigger group with one that I did years ago. It's not a Kidd, but it's pretty nice still. You could always get a Ruger BXT (I think?) aftermarket drop-in trigger for it if yours is that bad
Well, I went against my initial plan...and went head first into the rabbit hole.
I've got a 16.5" GM SS fluted match barrel (factory contour)and a timney Calvin elite 2-stage trigger, with short mag release, on the way.
Hopefully it will make for a lightweight little shooter....and look good doing it!!

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Well, I went against my initial plan...and went head first into the rabbit hole.
I've got a 16.5" GM SS fluted match barrel (factory contour)and a timney Calvin elite 2-stage trigger, with short mag release, on the way.
Hopefully it will make for a lightweight little shooter....and look good doing it!!
Sounds like it'll be a blast… pun intended

redblood

My first 10 squirrel limit came with a model 60. One piece stock, superlight, microgrooved barrel and a decent trigger- they are incredibly accurate rifles for a cheap price. I own several. The last is grey laminate stainless that is sharp!

Tenntrapper

My first 10 squirrel limit came with a model 60. One piece stock, superlight, microgrooved barrel and a decent trigger- they are incredibly accurate rifles for a cheap price. I own several. The last is grey laminate stainless that is sharp!
I agree. Out of the box, the model 60 is more accurate than the 10/22.
I didn't set out wanting to build one, but I never have, so what the heck... 😂

Latest posts