New Raised Bed

BigRed1080

Hello everyone,
This is my first year to move from buckets and pots to a raises bed. So I decided to make one from scratch. Let me know what you all think.
434E058F-07DA-4562-8A3D-507EA8493A5D.jpeg

BigRed1080

Details? And what is the life exp of the metal in dirt? Come on can't just show a pic you need to spill the beans :)
Haha, it's 8ft by 4ft and 2ft deep. I plan on lining it with plastic putting rocks in the bottom and then soil on top of the rocks. So I am hopeful it lasts a while. I could always line the inside with some type of hard plastic if it begins to become a problem.

waynesworld

Since you are new you get a pass but teasing with pictures and no details is a violation of Gibbs rule 13 :) and welcome and thanks for the post looks like a neat one that may show my daughter to try.

BigRed1080

Well thanks for the pass. 😂 it was pretty straight forward 2x4x8s and two 8ft 4x4s cut in half. I only have a circular saw so I mitered at 45 the top but the ends are just butted up to one another. So it could be nicer, but this is just round one!

Chapman

I have been signing up for some gardening webinars lately. This is some raised bed info from one they sent me that may be helpful.

Attachments

• Raised BedsEP47200.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 126

WTM

I a going to put some reinforcing scrap wood along the inside vertically I think. I thought of that too and I just don't know. First timer here remember.
id probably put them on the outside vertically. looks to be enough room for some 1x4's . that way the metal pushes against wood instead of screws that could rip out.

east_tn_gk

That looks like a very nice raised bed. I would just watch out for the shade from the fence. A lot of vegetables really like sun. I can't tell sun travel direction from photo, so it may not be an issue. Just something to watch out for.

Latest posts