New hunting property.

timberjack86

100 acre crops and 50 acres wooded. No one has hunted in 5 years.
Walked it today. 3 ladder stands, 1 shooting house, 3 active feeders and 3 cameras later. To old to fool with this kind of trouble.
Count your blessings, private land is getting harder and harder to get permission to hunt. Good luck this season!! Edit- I was thinking you put all this out, yeah that sucks

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

If I was granted permission and no one else was supposed to be there I'd take the batteries out of the feeders, take the cams down, and leave a note on the stands saying they have X amount of time to get them out of there and if they want the cams back to give you a call.
Yep, this.

Good luck with the new ground, sounds great.

Mr.Bro

Yeah I also chuckled when the farmer told me that. I knew what was coming before I sat foot on the property. Someone who builds a shooting house probably had or still has permission. This farmer farms 1000s of acres in this area and more than likely gave this hunter permission and has forgotten about it. Will talk to him maybe next weekend. Sure don't want to get in a war with local hunters. Active feeders tell me they live close by. Not going to push it. Got a couple other farms close by to hunt

Willysman

Lady owned 300 acres of land and had never allowed any hunting. Gave my brother and I permission to hunt it. Scouted the land and found treestands in every other tree. What was funny was that the local TWRA warden lived very close to this plot of land and was supposed to be keeping an eye on it for her. As they say couldn't track an elephant in the snow.

musical hunter

Count your blessings, private land is getting harder and harder to get permission to hunt. Good luck this season!! Edit- I was thinking you put all this out, yeah that sucks
ANd its gonna get worse because they are letting millions fo people in this country every year. They gotta have somewhere to live right? Bull doze the land for housing is the norm now. Im close to just giving up on hunting because land is so rare now

Willysman

If I didn't have some family property and the South Cherokee to hunt I would be out of luck. I do hunt Catoosa every year but that is mostly a camping trip.

Latest posts