Never in a million years.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm ok with the playoff, even though it worked out screwy this season for FSU and UGA. Next year MAY be better with the expanded playoff, but it will cut even further into bowl relevancy and we will likely see even more opt outs. The other stuff I've posted on beforehand and agree with you. Not saying that there shouldn't be opportunities for transfers or NIL, but right now it's totally a free-for-all

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Lots of great games from the 80's 90's and 2000's on YouTube that are very entertaining to watch and bring back lots of memories. I like football and not having a creepy devotion to a team that borders on obsession makes it easier to watch even today. When I get the opportunity to see good football, that's enough. Once you go down the path of finding out all the seedy little secrets of the sport there's a lot of things you don't want to know, or just accept the corruption and enjoy the games. National Championships have been bought since the game started. Not every team in every sport has done it, take Bobby Knight at Indiana. He won a ton of games and three championships with less talent than anyone in any sport because of his love of the game and his ability to get players to buy into the system he was teaching. Nobody even comes close. He had one player in 30 something years that made it as an all star in the NBA, and had very few make it as starters even. The talent gap between his players and the teams he was beating was huge, yet year after year he won. He certainly was not exactly a lovely personality, but the vast majority of his players loved playing for him.

Forvols

The portal and the NIL are definitely changing the college football landscape. I can see getting a surge at one campus for a few years followed by a drought, way quicker team development and rise to national recognition followed by a fall. No longer will coaches have the 4-6yr of recruiting classes to build their program. Coaches salaries will go through the roof, and there will be alot of moving, just like the players.

MUP

I never thought I'd say this but with NIL , the portal,and even worse the playoff, I'm rapidly losing interest in college football. The things that made it interesting and special are being killed off 1 by 1. Once I was as rabid a fan as anybody but now it's not something I alter my day for.
Hunting has always come first anyway for me. But I agree, it's way less painful to be hunting while the games are being played these days.

Urban_Hunter

I love the playoff. The extended playoff for next year is even better.

The NIL and Portal are staged up to detail the entire train. I don't see how anyone will keep a good backup at any position when they can just transfer at will and start somewhere else. What happened to FSU this year will be the new normal as far as losing a heisman contender/championship caliber team to being viewed as irrelevant… even though I think they still should have been in

Rabbitkil

I don't see a issue with NIL some of these guys like Nico could have a career ending injury anytime they step on the field why not let them go ahead and make their life long work pay off earlier?

Transfer portal has made it so better players that didn't have the opportunity to go to all the scouting and coaching events getting themselves out there can accept lesser offers make a name for themselves and transfer somewhere to get paid

Both have just evened the playing field and the NIL is just legal now so it's even across the board and some schools aren't getting away with paying for players when it wasn't allowed.

Iglow

The more of something you have ,the less it's worth. Before, every game was crucial from the first to the last, that was the element that created rabid fan bases and unmatched fan interest 12 months a year, the playoff has degraded the worth of individual games and will degrade them more next year.

The transfer portal in the sense of transfering in conference is a knife in the heart of school rivalry, which is the defining character of college football.

NIL will degrade college football even more into a "haves/have nots'', over time it will be a highest bidder sport that creates a lopsided,uneven playing field that will be impossible to be overcome by any but the most well funded programs. 4 or 5 will be at the top and the rest will fade into insignificance, never to become a factor again. There college football will stagnate and become as boring as the nfl. If they are gonna be paid just take the colleges out of it and have a high school draft into a mini nfl league.

Latest posts