Jump All In

JBell

It was speculated that he was an option. To my knowledge, the university of Alabama never contacted him. He made a comment based on the speculation made on national television.

deerfanatic

The truth is none of us will ever know who Alabama wanted 1st or 2nd or whatever choice. I'm pretty sure the first step is someone who doesn't officially work for a university calls whoever the coaches agent is and asks I he'd be interested and the agent says no or contacts his coach and asks what he thinks about the job (still no official contact or offer) and if that coach says not interested then that's the end of it and he was never officially contacted or offered. University can say they never offered and the coach can say he was never contacted. I'd just about bet that's how all coaching searches at major universities start. If I were betting I'd bet something close to that went down with lanning. Sark and norvell too. Deboer said he was interested and was officially contacted through his agent by the university and took the job. He was the first choice and offer that way. Looks great for him and the university but it's a bit disingenuous. Not knocking bama on that because that's how it's done at all of them.

JBell

I would think, given the way lanning has handled the speculation, that if bama contacted him or his agent, he would have said as much. He has used the publicity well to put his name on the map as an elite coach. When in fact the coach bama got, spanked him and is more accomplished than lanning is. All I'm saying is, bama coulda hired Kirby and trolls are gonna troll. I have seen zero evidence saying he wasn't the #1 target or that there was a better option available.

PillsburyDoughboy

I think he was the first choice of available. Dan lanning was never offered. He is getting publicity off of the speculation that he was a candidate. I'd rather have Deboer over any other coaches that stark or Kirby. They ain't moving though
Sark Probably never considering coming. Hes probably happy with the program he has built and he was happy to leverage a deal for a new contract with Texas during that 48 hours. Ditto on Lanning.

You got to also figure in Saban has personal cell phone numbers and relationships with all of these coaches and probably knew exactly where they stood so he was able to work with AD Byrne to bring together a quick hire for his replacement. Not like Saban was NOT part of the process. You can bet on that in some way.

deerfanatic

I would think, given the way lanning has handled the speculation, that if bama contacted him or his agent, he would have said as much. He has used the publicity well to put his name on the map as an elite coach. When in fact the coach bama got, spanked him and is more accomplished than lanning is. All I'm saying is, bama coulda hired Kirby and trolls are gonna troll. I have seen zero evidence saying he wasn't the #1 target or that there was a better option available.
Bama probably didn't. If he was contacted and I think he was to gauge interest it wasn't anyone "officially" with bama. That way everyone saves face if he isn't interested. No one can say bama got turned down and no one can say lanning us crazy for not taking it yet I'm also sure if that was the case Oregon officials well know he could have had it and instantly asked him how much more he needed to assure them he wasn't leaving for any other job

JBell

And Washington admitted that they have been trying to extend Deboer since November. So what's to say the wheels weren't in motion then? Why would he not extend if he didn't think a different opportunity was coming

JBell

IMG_6296.jpeg
And if he did this to what yall think was bamas first choices, imagine how bad he's gonna spank heupel and the chain gang😂

Spurhunter

While Tennessee fans are watching our #5 ranked basketball team dominate on the hardwood, and waiting for our #8 ranked baseball team hit the field, Bandwagon Nation is arguing constantly that they got their first choice for football coach like it means something. 😅 One interesting thing about the baseball rankings is there are 9 SEC teams in the Top 25 including Tennessee and Auburn. Pretty impressive. None of the other 7 are named alabama. Weird. 😅😅😅

Bamamonts

While Tennessee fans are watching our #5 ranked basketball team dominate on the hardwood, and waiting for our #8 ranked baseball team hit the field, Bandwagon Nation is arguing constantly that they got their first choice for football coach like it means something. 😅 One interesting thing about the baseball rankings is there are 9 SEC teams in the Top 25 including Tennessee and Auburn. Pretty impressive. None of the other 7 are named alabama. Weird. 😅😅😅
It doesn't matter if Deboer was first or last. He's the Coach now and I'm hopeful for a great season.
Tennessee has been killing on the court. They are playing great defense. Bama is looking better and are back in the top 25. Need to beat Georgia on the road Wednesday.
The SEC looks to be stacked in baseball. I hope Bama can surprise some people this year. I'm looking forward to see how the new coach does.
I also saw where Bama softball was picked to finish 7th in the SEC. I hope they can do better than that. They usually have good pitching and fielding but they have to get better hitting.

JBell

They are looking pretty good. I watched the Auburn game and was surprised (and disappointed). 😅
I havent kept up with much of it. Just hearing some highlights here and there. Sounds like UT is pretty legit and Kentucky seems to have their moments. I will pay more attention closer to March. That's fun.

Spurhunter

I havent kept up with much of it. Just hearing some highlights here and there. Sounds like UT is pretty legit and Kentucky seems to have their moments. I will pay more attention closer to March. That's fun.
I don't watch much regular season basketball outside of Tennessee games, but I love March Madness. Like that Cinderella team a few years ago with sister so and so at every game. That was great stuff. St. Peter's maybe?

SC Manimal

It doesn't matter if Deboer was first or last. He's the Coach now and I'm hopeful for a great season.
Tennessee has been killing on the court. They are playing great defense. Bama is looking better and are back in the top 25. Need to beat Georgia on the road Wednesday.
The SEC looks to be stacked in baseball. I hope Bama can surprise some people this year. I'm looking forward to see how the new coach does.
I also saw where Bama softball was picked to finish 7th in the SEC. I hope they can do better than that. They usually have good pitching and fielding but they have to get better hitting.
Whoa good post. Who acts reasonably on the internet?

Latest posts