Need broad head advice

BlackBelt

When I first started hunting archery/crossbow, I was using expensive broadheads and mechanicals (NAP spitfires, Muzzy). But after harvesting many, many archery kills, I've gone to just using the cheapo WalMart Allen 100gr broadheads. I do touch up the razor edges to make sure they are sharp. But the $3 each broadheads do kill deer as cleanly and quickly as $15 each ones.
They are just as well balanced and just as sturdy.

At 40 yds or closer, I can't tell a difference in performance or quality.

mike243

well as the # we can take this end i dont mind ruining a broadhead or 2 out of 3 times i shoot a deer.they are like ammo,practice with the cheap stuff & use the high dollar stuff for when you really need it.its still the cheapest part of the equipment i spend $ on each year

vabuckbuster

BlackBelt said:
When I first started hunting archery/crossbow, I was using expensive broadheads and mechanicals (NAP spitfires, Muzzy). But after harvesting many, many archery kills, I've gone to just using the cheapo WalMart Allen 100gr broadheads. I do touch up the razor edges to make sure they are sharp. But the $3 each broadheads do kill deer as cleanly and quickly as $15 each ones.
They are just as well balanced and just as sturdy.

At 40 yds or closer, I can't tell a difference in performance or quality.

Agree. I use the 18.00 thunderheads from walmart. Killed many w/no issues

Dienamic

Dad swears by his 20 year old thunderheads. Lol. I shoot 125 gr muzzy phantoms. This is one of those questions with 50 right answers. I like a heavy bolt too. Shoot that with a alu bolt. Tips at 460ish total. Always shoot 20 yds and under. Pushing some good mass...

stryker

I've used several different broadheads and the spit fire is one of my favorite but I'm going to try some New carbon express cut on contact and see what a hole I end up with. I really don't think any could knock any or not much bigger of a hole then the spit fire. I've killed bear deer ect,

Latest posts