Need suggestions for 1st cross bow

Lt.Dan

Want something durable, dependable, a good or adjustable trigger and priced point for a working man.School me.
Ok, let's talk entry level stuff. I've owned 2, a PSE Fang and a Centerpoint (made by Raven I think). Spent less than $200 each on both. I would add a quality scope. I have the Vortex Crossfire II crossbow scope. It is exceptional and worth the money. Sure the entry level stuff is heavy, but it works just fine. My Centerpoint slings a bolt downrange at about 330fps. I shot 2 deer with the Fang at 43 yards and chased neither more than 20 yards. I've shot several with the Centerpoint. I keep my shots under 50 yards, and try to keep them under 40. So entry level works well. If you want fancy whistles and bells, it will cost you. Oh, I'm a working man, too, and I totally understand budget hunting. One other thing, get good broadheads and arrows. I use Montec G5 fixed blades and Black Eagle arrows (some of the best arrows out there from the propaganda I've read).

tanasirivertea

I bought a used but well maintained Carbon Express rated at 385fps. I upgraded to a heavy, high FOC bolt setup.

Latest posts