Crossbow for turkey?

TNlandowner

My son shot and lost two turkey using a crossbow with 2+ inch cutting broad heads. I watched the lighted nocks pass through the birds chests on each shot. On both hunts, we followed blood trails but never found them. Since then, he has stuck to his shotgun with head & neck shots.

Just as using a regular bow, placement is so important.

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
My son shot and lost two turkey using a crossbow with 2+ inch cutting broad heads. I watched the lighted nocks pass through the birds chests on each shot. On both hunts, we followed blood trails but never found them. Since then, he has stuck to his shotgun with head & neck shots.

Just as using a regular bow, placement is so important.
High and forward is a must for turkeys

swd

There's an outfitter in Kansas that only allows head shots with archery gear because of wounding loss over the years.

ChaplainMann

2-Step Enabled
Anyone ever shoot turkey with crossbow. There are some places near me that I can hunt turkey but houses are kinda close for shotgun (not insafe, just liberals moved here neighbors that don't want the poor creatures killed.)
invite those neighbors over your place and have a turkey dinner and tell them it is fake meat made in the lab and get them addicted to the real things. sorry about rambling i need decaf coffee more. lol. Jill for JESUS. yes i have got a turkey long ago with a left handed bow by fred bear archery, bow so old i think it came off of noahs ark. ok no more coffee for me, good luck. Jill for JESUS...

Atchman2

I pretty much only hunt turkeys with a crossbow. The first one I shot at, I hit too low, but a couple days later I saw the same turkey. The shot just skimmed the meat on the chest.

After that I'm a stickler for accuracy! I want that crossbow to be able to hit their eyeball if I need to hit it. Just watch some videos on where to shoot one. The best I did was two in one shot (in Kansas where that is legal).

Latest posts