Crossbow advice

PillsburyDoughboy

Thinking about a Crossbow. Wanting to spend around 1K. Want the most speed V goodies. Ill probably invest in good glass later down the road.

Some sort of Self Cocking would be a huge plus.

And Go.

swd

I got the Tenpoint Turbo S1 this year. It is my first crossbow. I love it. I think all in crossbow, extra arrows, broadheads, case, crossbow rated target, and other miscellaneous stuff I was in for $1600.

C1295

Definitely find you a recurve cross bow like they said I love mine a whole lot easier maintenance and upkeep on it.

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
Ten point are great, wicked ridge is made by ten point and are cheaper but still great crossbow.

Maybe the new Excalibur are smaller than they used to be, mine was a pain to pack through the thicket. But like everyone said, they are simply to use and fixed if needed

TboneD

There's much faster bows than my Excalibur recurve but I don't know about more reliable and trouble free. Not super expensive either, especially when you consider they have a lifetime warranty.

Rakkin6

I have two Tenpoint crossbows the Stealth NXT and I just purchased a Vengent S440 last week. So I would suggest a Tenpoint or wicked ridge. In your price range look at the Tenpoint Titan or Fury they shoot between 380 and 410 FPS and come has a complete package at or below your price range. Plus they have the ability to decock which means you don't have to discharge the crossbow at the end of the hunt. If Tenpoint isn't your thing I would look at either the Killer Instinct SWAT X1 or the Fatal X package. The packages they come with from both Tenpoint and Killer instinct are pretty good and you may not want to or need to upgrade.

Rakkin6

As do all simple recurve crossbows :)
My newest Excalibur shoots at 400 fps.
How much faster do I need?
Wasn't saying anything bad about the recurve just pointing out some differences for the OP. Like I said I know people love them. Just giving options he may want to look at.

PillsburyDoughboy

What is the difference in the

RDX 400

and the NDX 400? Seems like very simular specs but almost $500 difference in price???

uncle_loue

hickory creek mini in line vertical crossbow. vertical limbs are a game changer in maneuverability. weighs considerably less than most crossbows. uses arrows instead of proprietary bolts. you scope it set it and forget it or if you feel friskey you can paper tune it like a conventional bow. ive owned 3 crossbows and will not buy another until this one dies...bonus the guy who makes them is a pleasure to work with and goes out of his way to make sure you're happy with it.

agelessssone

Keep it simple,
as in a simple recurve Excalibur.
You can change a severed string yourself,
even from a tree stand.

Never out of tune, never need a bow shop
to fix it.
Yup, I shoot an old Excalibur Axiom, never take it to a bow shop and leave it for a week.
Change the string whenever you want, wherever you want.
Not fast but just as deadly....shot placement, shot placement, shot placement!

Mr.Bro

Nothing said here about ExCalaber you cannt say about the Sub 1 Mission.
Easy to load, easy to unload. Change the strings and cable while in the tree if you had to. Personally I'd do it at the truck.
Light weight, easy to carry. Check the x bow tournaments and see what bow is winning them. They say customer service is great. Don't know about that. Never needed it.
Good luck with your decision.
I more good advise. Don't buy a loud bow!

Latest posts