Need 7.5 acres to hunt?

Tennrock

2.JPG

Bushape

My dad hunts a place that looks like that. It is about 5 acres and is super thick. He cleared out a small area in the center and has killed two nice bucks on it.
May not be a bad deal if you could get it for mid Nov-mid Dec, but part of the joy of a lease is having it for 365 days to prep and plan IMO.

Speedwell-Hunter

My dad hunts a place that looks like that. It is about 5 acres and is super thick. He cleared out a small area in the center and has killed two nice bucks on it.
proved my point, it depends on deer movement there, maybe a hidden gem. Id pay for 2 weeks to scout via cell cam and go from there.

rem270

I'd pay that much for a year if I thought it would produce. Not for 30 days tho. Once you get into that small of property it's not worth it for someone just to lease it for just $100 if they're trying to make income off of it. It's either free to hunt or $500+ to make it worth it. I have a hard time paying for any kind of lease tho but if that was my only option and it was good property I'd give that.

Omega

I have hunted my 7.2 acres for over ten years, and while I have taken a few nice bucks I have not taken anything close to a trophy deer (never even measured a deer actually), but I always get my venison, and have never failed to reach the number of deer I wanted for the year, which has never been above 4 or 5. But it isn't overgrown like that and have a permanent shoot house on the middle of a hill where you can cover almost the entire property. I have briefly considered letting others least a hunt, or a season but didn't want the hassle of doing so. What do you guys think, would someone pay a decent amount for hunting privileges?

Most points so far.
5EC2jC3.jpg

There are two large areas, at least 5-600 acres on each side of me, one being a farm, so my place is a well-traveled corridor, these guys show up now and then
qowX9ha.jpg

Shoot House, not insulated but my buddy heater keeps it cozy
J3lQeDE.jpg

Amenities include a gambrel to field dress, quarter or debone your harvest
4aLjo6u.jpg

I bushhog trails to maintain cover for the deer, but give me plenty of access to stay out of the brush
2WSWDQa.jpg

I plant a food plot most years, but don't go nuts on it, mainly seeds that have gone on sale after the season, and cheap grass seed to fill the area with clover. I have broadcast corn and soybean in the past, but this doubles as my pistol and short rifle range so grasses are better.
8iJndjS.jpg

rqiyfft.jpg

I also plant grass on the TVA access road and some foodplot mix at the T (barely make out the intersection), this view is from the bottom of the shoot house
Efzm6mY.jpg

General layout
m7WExz1.png

Speedwell-Hunter

I have hunted my 7.2 acres for over ten years, and while I have taken a few nice bucks I have not taken anything close to a trophy deer (never even measured a deer actually), but I always get my venison, and have never failed to reach the number of deer I wanted for the year, which has never been above 4 or 5. But it isn't overgrown like that and have a permanent shoot house on the middle of a hill where you can cover almost the entire property. I have briefly considered letting others least a hunt, or a season but didn't want the hassle of doing so. What do you guys think, would someone pay a decent amount for hunting privileges?

Most points so far.
5EC2jC3.jpg

There are two large areas, at least 5-600 acres on each side of me, one being a farm, so my place is a well-traveled corridor, these guys show up now and then
qowX9ha.jpg

J3lQeDE.jpg

4aLjo6u.jpg

I bushhog trails to maintain cover for the deer, but give me plenty of access to stay out of the brush
2WSWDQa.jpg

I plant a food plot most years, but don't go nuts on it, mainly seeds that have gone on sale after the season, and cheap grass seed to fill the area with clover. I have broadcast corn and soybean in the past, but this doubles as my pistol and short rifle range so grasses are better.
8iJndjS.jpg

rqiyfft.jpg

I also plant grass on the TVA access road and some foodplot mix at the T (barely make out the intersection), this view is from the bottom of the shoot house
Efzm6mY.jpg

General layout
m7WExz1.png
phenomonal! where did you get the 3 D layout, that is so cool

chris1976

Most points so far.
5EC2jC3.jpg

qowX9ha.jpg

J3lQeDE.jpg

4aLjo6u.jpg

2WSWDQa.jpg

8iJndjS.jpg

rqiyfft.jpg

Efzm6mY.jpg

General layout
m7WExz1.png
I always wondered who had this spot. I live on my farm about a mile up the same road.

Omega

I always wondered who had this spot. I live on my farm about a mile up the same road.
Yea, came up on Craigs List about 10 or so years ago, and I jumped on it. It's a great spot, at least so far, there is pressure, but only enough to keep them moving.

phenomonal! where did you get the 3 D layout, that is so cool
It is/was Googles Sketchup, it allowed you to pull the 3d layer straight out of Google maps. It was free until Trimble bought it out, you can still do that, but after a 30 day trial you have to pay for it, the free version no longer allows the import, but there are ways. It's great because there is a plethora of models available to import in and modify and of course you can make your own from scratch.

That is how I built my stand, modeled it then built it.

wPU3KbT.png

Latest posts