Muzzleloader weather forecast

JeepKuntry

Generally speaking late October through end of season I try to sit all day. Saturday would be to sit all day. If you hunt public people are going to get up and push deer. I will be one of them this Saturday as I have been suckered into going to a wedding with the wife.

philsanchez76

Well dang for greater Nashville area the opening day of muzz forecast is now 16mph sustained winds, warm temps and rain rain rain. Hope yall are doing better in other areas of the state. I did finally find 4 fresh scrapes last night, so they're starting to feel frisky despite the warm forecast.

Gravey

I just looked and the part of Hickman county I hunt is showing rain in the morning kicking up in the afternoon. Chance of rain is 80% and 10-20 mph winds. Was probably only gonna hunt the morning then watch the UT game so may be sitting this one out. Don't want to spend an hour and a half each way to watch it rain. Next week is still showing warm weather but the second week cools down and looks much better.

Last edited:

CliffordN

Well dang for greater Nashville area the opening day of muzz forecast is now 16mph sustained winds, warm temps and rain rain rain. Hope yall are doing better in other areas of the state. I did finally find 4 fresh scrapes last night, so they're starting to feel frisky despite the warm forecast.
Well, I am going to be inside of a shooting house, and hoping for the best if there are any lulls in the rains. Plan to get in before the rain starts, and stay as long as I can stand it. The wind may drive me crazy, but I am hoping that it won't matter to the deer.

Shanman

Generally speaking late October through end of season I try to sit all day. Saturday would be to sit all day. If you hunt public people are going to get up and push deer. I will be one of them this Saturday as I have been suckered into going to a wedding with the wife.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger brother..... x2 on the wedding thing for Saturday.

backyardtndeer

Calling for rain thunderstorms and high winds here tonight into tomorrow. I will miss getting to go tomorrow, but will be out Sunday. Middle of next week should be great with the last weather models i saw. Some calling for the upper 30's for lows Thursday morning. That said we are in rifle with being in cwd zone.

Wrangler95

I am not going if it is raining and very windy!!Plan on a hunt Sunday morning before Church!Good luck to those who go in the rain,you will deserve a deer!

philsanchez76

I am not going if it is raining and very windy!!Plan on a hunt Sunday morning before Church!Good luck to those who go in the rain,you will deserve a deer!
I agree! It's not being in the rain so much as it is having to individually lay out every piece of gear I own and dry it all out and then strip the gun and wipe it down and oil it etc. and 20+ wind coupled with the rain just makes it a non starter.

CHRIS WILSON

The weather app I use is showing the rain not moving in until later in the morning, so I might do an early morning hunt if the wind isn't going to be too crazy. I'll catch the weather forecast later this evening and make the final decision then.

hardhorns1982

Same here. It's November I still have scrapes being worked. Seems like I see more deer and more bucks when there is wind. I will be wind picky though. When they are expecting winds up 12 to 15 I definitely take my milk weed. I've noticed the wind acts a little different in the woods when it gets up especially if I have a set of heavy woods down wind of me. Where a light wind seems to be no problem a heavy wind will cause my scent to hit the trees and turn back to me or run parallel to the trees instead of going on down wind.
Outside of that terrain funnels and pinch points. If there is a secluded watering hole nearby around the middle of the day can be a gold mine. As crunchy as the woods are right now this wind can be to your advantage if you want to be a little more aggressive. That's my plan for in the morning I'm going to find me a seat right up inside the bedroom and use this wind as my noise cover.

Latest posts