Muzzleloader weather forecast

Dumbluck

When it's hot during the rut, I hunt the thickets and CPR. A doe is not going to run herself to death like a buck will in the heat, she is gonna try to hide and lay down. You may see the same deer over and over throughout the day but if there's a hot doe there is no telling what will show up.

When it's cold I prefer travel corridors, saddles, transition areas between thickets, ect...the deer seem to move longer distances and you'll see more varieties of animals in the locations.

If there is nothing moving I always go back to thickets and CRP and prefer to still hunt if it's wet.

Dumbluck

I've never hunted a CPR. Can you expand on that Dumbluck? 🤔
CPR is basically just over grown native growth (fields)

Like what this buck was in last season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029_154444_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029_154444_Photos.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 77

tnfirefighter

It has been this way for years, cool mornings warmer days. I stay longer in the stand usually walk out by flashlight. I have killed more deer in the evenings on warm days than in the mornings.

BSK

All of the models are now agreeing on a front coming through Sunday with rain, but no cool weather behind it. A tropical system off the Florida Atlantic Coast will prevent cool weather from making it into TN. Two of the models are predicting a slight cool down with a secondary front on Wednesday, but the cool-down will be brief, with warm weather returning a day later. Most of the models now suggesting the next really cold weather won't arrive until the 2nd weekend of MZ, more specifically, that Sunday.

philsanchez76

I think I will have to save my best spot where my target buck has been hanging out for that second Sunday of MZ when the weather breaks. Its a long hike into that spot and once ive accessed it the deer will know it by the end of the day. I don't want to risk it on an 80 degree day when all the movement will be during dark. Ill definitely be out at some other lower impact stands earlier in the week.

Bgoodman30

I have a hard time getting motivated with this forecast and south winds.. I couldn't get out of bed this morning and what do you know my target buck walked right under my stand... I will be out there for the MZ opener no matter what even though I hate sitting in warm weather.

tellico4x4

Got a hunt in extreme northwest SD in a couple weeks. Just looked at long range forecast; tomorrow 72/50, Wed 38/20 and on 10th 28/10. Looks like cold weather poised to move south but believe we've got Indian Summer for a couple weeks first. Maybe it'll be beneficial for the plots.

Bgoodman30

Got a hunt in extreme northwest SD in a couple weeks. Just looked at long range forecast; tomorrow 72/50, Wed 38/20 and on 10th 28/10. Looks like cold weather poised to move south but believe we've got Indian Summer for a couple weeks first. Maybe it'll be beneficial for the plots.

Yep maybe not too late to plant 🤣

Latest posts