Most overrated SEC football coach

buckaroo

If you would remember the Florida game was lost on execution in the orange zone, clearly we should have won that game also we had several players out, Georgia game , going to Athens with the most freshmen playing in the country, if Hurd had not fumbled in the endzone we win that one. We as fans expected freshmen play last year, we won't be having this conversation next year

Mudbone

buckaroo":1bjxh7ve said:
If you would remember the Florida game was lost on execution in the orange zone, clearly we should have won that game also we had several players out, Georgia game , going to Athens with the most freshmen playing in the country, if Hurd had not fumbled in the endzone we win that one. We as fans expected freshmen play last year, we won't be having this conversation next year
So, you ARE saying no other coach in the country would have won those games, or blown out Vandy with UT's roster? So Butch IS At least as equally good of a coach as the best coaches in the country?

Mudbone

buckaroo":363z5ttx said:
There isn't a coach in the country that could do better with the roster and the schedule that Tennessee has had!!
There also isnt a coach in the country that would have kept the best qb, and player on the roster on the bench the majority of the season.

buckaroo

Thats exactly what I'm saying, Butch was trying to red-shirt Dobbs. If you can remember Worely was playing as good as anyone in the SEC till he got hurt. If you think I'm bonkers check around, most are predicting us to win the east division

gator-n-buck

buckaroo":2u51cx54 said:
Thats exactly what I'm saying, Butch was trying to red-shirt Dobbs. If you can remember Worely was playing as good as anyone in the SEC till he got hurt. If you think I'm bonkers check around, most are predicting us to win the east division

The redshirting Dobbs is BS... Dobbs is not a very good passer and no coach would redshirt a player that could win them games. Most aren't predicting UT to win the East. Just the homers... :)

Mudbone

buckaroo":34v40s3o said:
I do think your bonkers if you really think that there is no better college football coach than Butch jones in the country, and that no other coaches could have won those games, or blown out vandy with UT's talent.

gator-n-buck

Mudbone":1zeztedh said:
buckaroo":1zeztedh said:
I do think your bonkers if you really think that there is no better college football coach than Butch jones in the country, and that no other coaches could have won those games, or blown out vandy with UT's talent.

Yep.. He couldn't even beat Dooley with Dooleys talent. CBJ has only beat KY, SC, and Vandy in the SEC. Now he's going to shock the world.. :tu:

How about the NFL line and 1000 yard rb CBJ had his first year. He did the same thing Dooley did 5-7 and these guys had a years more experience. I believe 4 of those guys are in the NFL.

Mudbone

buckaroo":1nyppbt1 said:
So whats Vandy? Never heard of her
not many have. They are a tiny, private sec school in nashville tn. They have never had a good football program. Butch jones, The best coach in the country, lost his first game against them at home in knoxville.

Spurhunter

huntinkev":9aqwy4fl said:
Is the question what coach has won the fewest games? or what coach is the most overrated?

GnB can't stay on topic. He has to turn every thread into a UT bashing thread. He would never admit it but he knows that CBJ is anything but over rated. Two top five recruiting classes and a winning record with a bowl win in his second year with a program that was all but dead when he arrived? If that is "over rated" I would hate to see his definition of other terms. I think he has his own dictionary he wrote and uses. :bore:

gator-n-buck

Spurhunter":36azzfxs said:
huntinkev":36azzfxs said:
Is the question what coach has won the fewest games? or what coach is the most overrated?

GnB can't stay on topic. He has to turn every thread into a UT bashing thread. He would never admit it but he knows that CBJ is anything but over rated. Two top five recruiting classes and a winning record with a bowl win in his second year with a program that was all but dead when he arrived? If that is "over rated" I would hate to see his definition of other terms. I think he has his own dictionary he wrote and uses. :bore:

We talking about winning games or recruiting? CBJ is 12-13 with all the hype. That would be considered overated .

Spurhunter

gator-n-buck":i6okfopx said:
Spurhunter":i6okfopx said:
huntinkev":i6okfopx said:

We talking about winning games or recruiting? CBJ is 12-13 with all the hype. That would be considered overated .

Now we are at the root of the problem. You don't know what the word means. Try this:

o·ver·rate /ˌōvərˈrāt/ verb past tense: overrated; past participle: overrated
Definition: have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved.

Therefore, for CBJ to be overrated he would have to be failing to meet expectations. So, for CBJ to inherit a program that had losing seasons 4 of the previous 5 years, and in two years take them to a winning season and a bowl win, he has, at the bare minimum, MET expectations, if not EXCEEDED them.

I swear, trying to explain things to you is like teaching Calculus to Kindergarteners. :bash:

Toenail

Someone can't stand anyone that doesn't agree with him. What Butch will or will not do is pure speculation. Everyone will know how good of a recruiter he is when he pulls in 4 and 5 star players that know they will be pulling splinters for a year or two. Wins and losses are only part of it.

Spurhunter

Toenail":ck8w6vgy said:
What Butch will or will not do is pure speculation. Everyone will know how good of a recruiter he is when he pulls in 4 and 5 star players that know they will be pulling splinters for a year or two. Wins and losses are only part of it.

I see the troll climbed out from under his bridge for a while. Absolutely none of what you posted has anything to do with the original topic. But you didn't even read it, did you? You saw I was the last to comment and had to spew your ignorance. What Butch will do in the future has NOTHING to do with whether or not he is "overrated". I would tell you to read the definition, but like your hero, you wouldn't understand.

Latest posts