Meat Hunters??

Coach

Rockhound said:
Da_Claw29 said:
My goal this year is 24... Already have 6

Why?

x2...when my kids were home I'd take 3 or 4...now, maybe 2 or so...enough for me and visitors. I do take one or two for other people that are too old too hunt any more..not every year but most years..So, why would you or anyone need 24 unless you are filling the freezers of some homeless shelters

Shed Hunter

I'm not a meat hunter but I do like to eat deer so I try to kill a few doe every year. I've already got two and my dad has got one so the does are safe for a while.

Last year I killed 4 deer for meat and an 8 point

Crosshairy

I had 2 last year and ran out, so I'm shooting for 3 this year. I have 2 already, and since gun season hasn't started yet, I think I'm in good shape.

PickettSFHunter

I try for 2 does and 1 mature buck, which Ive met for the year. I know my Dad will probably get 3 a year as well so thats 6 to eat. We usually end up with some leftover. Really probably only need 4 or 5 and am already at 5 for this year between us.

LayingTheSmackDown

all depends who wants one...i try to get at least 2-3 for my freezer...then my aunt takes care of her grand kids so i try to stock there freeze for the year...and normally have someone asking for deer during hunting season...so out of 3 of us we try to lay the smack down on em :)...our private farm we only kill a few does..our other farm we put a hurting on the does over there/public land

BlountArrow

I only kill what my family can eat. We can eat 3 a year and that is what I go after unless I have decided I'm going to put some money into making a lot of sausage or I might take another one if I'm going to do a whole bunch of jerky.

dbllung2

I try to keep 4-5 in the freezer, but I kill as many as possible and give to families in the area who need the food. Last year killed 11 and felt good knowing I helped a few families out.

Robtattoo

I shot 2 last year & ended up supplementing my meat store with pork & beef, something I'd really rather avoid.
To be completely meat self sufficient I really need 3, but 4 would be better.
That said, I always manage to sneak in an out-of-state hog hunt or 3 a year & that gives a little variety & keeps the freezer topped.

waynesworld

Anyone in middle tn needing a place to donate I will gladly take some off your hands and in return give you some jerky or other meat I butcher up. I don't think I will be shooting enough to feed all of us. I think my family has given up on me getting any :(

wtbh236

I've got 5 so far gave 2 away to the people that are letting me hunt there land hope to get a few more should have 8 now but thats the way it gos

Latest posts