May have found the reason I'm not seeing deer

Atchman2

I've been very careful NOT to walk deep into my small suburban deer hunting area. Last night during the rain, I felt it would be an okay time since the rain would in theory wash some of my smell away. I walked up and over the hill. When I got there in a small ravine-I saw it. The kids in the neighborhood are building a fort down there. :( Can't do anything about it, but I do need to warn their parents when the gun seasons are starting for them not to be in the woods at that time.

I wondered why my mineral blocks were gone. I'm guessing the kids smashed them up and the rain took the remains away. The property lines there are vague, and it is in everyone's interest that hunts there that they stay that way. Otherwise there would be posted signs all over the place. Where I'm hunting is for sure on private property, where the kids are playing is outside of the property lines. Just got to suck it up until it gets too cold for them to be playing out there.

DaveB

Get dressed up as a Comanche or Sioux and and let them see you before you disappear. Or you could burn the place down and leave an arrow sticking in the ground. Have to be wood arrow though.

Or catch snakes and put them in the fort.

Or wasp nests.

Ask them if you can play, too. May want to watch out for over-protective parents.

Just thinking outside the box here.

UTGrad

Sucks but it's part of suburban hunting. I had a doe I was ready to stick coming down a trail but she spooked and fled when some kids ran into the woods playing army. Nothing you can do I guess.

FYI tread lightly complaining to the parents to keep the kids out of the woods during firearm season. You might tick them off and the parents could attempt to get you kicked out of there if your not the owner of the property.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Where I hunt, there is kid with dirt bike. He rides it every afternoon and has for a couple years. Took the deer exactly four days to start ignoring him.

See if I can come play in the fort with them kids. :)

bowriter

R.I.P.
Here is a thought I had. I realize deer hunting is a lot more important to most y'all than it is to me. But I got to thinking how important it is for those kids to build forts and play army. I'd cut em a bunch of slack cause the deer will get use to it. Isn't it just great they aint playing video games?

UTGrad

bowriter said:
Here is a thought I had. I realize deer hunting is a lot more important to most y'all than it is to me. But I got to thinking how important it is for those kids to build forts and play army. I'd cut em a bunch of slack cause the deer will get use to it. Isn't it just great they aint playing video games?

Very well said

Rockhound

UTGrad said:
bowriter said:

Very well said

X2

Latest posts