Mathews 2009 Bows

Jubal

Double Drops said:
Jubal said:
I have owned three different Mathews bows. The new Mathews don't impress me enough to sell the Bowtech 82nd that I have now. No doubt that Mathews makes a great product, however the single cams lack in the speed department and as Radar mentioned "speed sells".

Have you looked at the new line-up? Their new single cam (Reezen) is the fastest single cam on the market. They now have the fastest dual cam bow on the market as well.

Yes, I have looked at the new line up. Not that I really care ..... but, I believe Mathews has a habit of inflating their speeds. Not trying to start anything, just stating what I have found from shooting and chronographing. Don't know what the new Reezen and Monster bows are going to do, but they do look impressive. Speaking from personal experience, I have found that Bowtech has more real-to-life advertised IBO speeds.

JeepKuntry

Jubal, I'll have to agree with you on Mathews inflating there speeds. But they do make good bows though. I wouldn't buy the Reezen because of the 5" brace height. Plus, I don't like how most companies are dropping there ata's to 32" or so now. For taller guys and guys with longer draw lengths it's ackward. You've got your peep sight close to top of your string!

Double Drops

JeepKuntry said:
Jubal, I'll have to agree with you on Mathews inflating there speeds. But they do make good bows though. I wouldn't buy the Reezen because of the 5" brace height. Plus, I don't like how most companies are dropping there ata's to 32" or so now. For taller guys and guys with longer draw lengths it's ackward. You've got your peep sight close to top of your string!

The Reezen comes in 6.5" and 7" brace heights.

Radar

I'm like Rich , I like to kid the Mathews bandwagon / cult membership guys, but they do make a nice bow . I'm just not all geeked up about them like some guys are .
BTW , how much does a Mathews fan club membership cost ? :D

bobthebowhunter

Radar said:
I'm like Rich , I like to kid the Mathews bandwagon / cult membership guys, but they do make a nice bow . I'm just not all geeked up about them like some guys are .
BTW , how much does a Mathews fan club membership cost ? :D

All you have to do is Spend $900 on the bare bow and then drink the kool-aid.

W.Seay

Mathews copied PSE......... I don't think so! All other bow companies would kill to be a successful and innovative as Mathews!! Mathews, catch us if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LCU

Blue5 said:
Anybody wanna buy a 2008 DXT? LOL
I gotta try one of the Monsters!!!!

After Mathews sells a bunch of these new bows, I'll be looking for a deal on a nice used DXT !

Radar

Yeah , you guys need to sell your obsolete DXT's and Drenalins . They couldn't be worth more than $400 now that the new lineup is so much better........ according to the fan club . :)

Radar

W.Seay said:
I have owned 5 or 6 different Mathews and everytime I sold one I got %80 of my cost back out of it.
But the new bows are sooooooooo much better .......... LOL! I was being sarcastic, w.seay ! ;)

JayMc

W.Seay, just let it go. There are always going to be internet heroes who know best how you should spend your money and when you should replace your equipment. ;)

Radar

JayMc said:
W.Seay, just let it go. There are always going to be internet heroes who know best how you should spend your money and when you should replace your equipment. ;)

Sounds like you are the one that needs to let it go , Jay . Just having a little fun with you guys . ;)

Double Drops

Radar,

Hopefully next year Mathews will get your opinion before they release the new models. Lord knows they haven't released anything worth shooting at a deer since they released the LX.

If anyone needs to drop it, you do. You always preach about archers sticking together for the sport, but you seem to be the biggest hypocrite out of the bunch.

Crow Terminator

You know what guys. I've been watching the Archery Talk classifieds here this week. I think I'm just going to buy me a Mathews Drenalin. I haven't shot the new 2009 bows yet but I don't think I want to. People are flooding the market with bows to get money for the new ones and they are starting to degrade the resale value of them. So logic got me thinking on this one.

I could spend $900+ for a new bow bare naked and still have to put accessories on it. In which I would probably go the cheaper route for that since laying down a grand isn't something I can lay down too easy.

Or I could snatch one of these Drenalins or DXTs up for about $400-$425 and put one heck of a nice setup together for under what one of the 2009s cost new and bare.

stik

my mathews is 11 years old and still kills deer just as dead as it did then.

and radar is one of the best ambassadors for the sport of archery that i have ever met.

Radar

Double Drops said:
Radar,

Hopefully next year Mathews will get your opinion before they release the new models. Lord knows they haven't released anything worth shooting at a deer since they released the LX.

If anyone needs to drop it, you do. You always preach about archers sticking together for the sport, but you seem to be the biggest hypocrite out of the bunch.

Like I said before , they make a fine bow . I just get a kick out of you guys that hype them up so much . I have always told folks to shoot them all and choose the bow they shoot best , and not jump on a bandwagon because a certain brand may get more hype .
If you can't take a little ribbing , then that is your problem , not mine . ;)

JayMc

Crow Terminator said:
You know what guys. I've been watching the Archery Talk classifieds here this week. I think I'm just going to buy me a Mathews Drenalin. I haven't shot the new 2009 bows yet but I don't think I want to. People are flooding the market with bows to get money for the new ones and they are starting to degrade the resale value of them. So logic got me thinking on this one.

I could spend $900+ for a new bow bare naked and still have to put accessories on it. In which I would probably go the cheaper route for that since laying down a grand isn't something I can lay down too easy.

Or I could snatch one of these Drenalins or DXTs up for about $400-$425 and put one heck of a nice setup together for under what one of the 2009s cost new and bare.

I bought a Drenalin about 8 months after it was released and love it. I've hunted with it the past two years and plan to hunt with it the next few more. You can get the main line hunting Mathews bows for less than $700 in Nashville though. Hermitage Archery has the Drenalin, DXT, etc. for $659. If it costs you $900 bare bow you're getting robbed.

JayMc

Radar said:
JayMc said:

Sounds like you are the one that needs to let it go , Jay . Just having a little fun with you guys . ;)

I have no beef, just see how this one is going. W.Seay posts, you or somebody else responds, then he responds again. It gets out of hand quick and next thing you know it's time to bash Mathews shooters for being rich, stuck up folks who support a company that spends too much on marketing, TV shows, etc. Then LCU will call out anybody not shooting a Mathews bow. Ricky will try to edit somebody's post then remember he's a mod over there, not over here. Next thing you know rldel's bashing whisker biscuits and we all miss out on something meant to be fun. It's just stupid to argue.

The release was meant to be fun. Those of us who are archery nuts look forward to it. I'm already excited about the ATA show in January. :D

We've even got DD fired up here and he's normally so calm you'd think he's a sissy :D

Latest posts