Mathews 2009 Bows

baller_9

I like what I see...I'm still shooting the LX and have always loved it. If the Reezen gets good reviews I might have to make a trade next year.

Radar

baller_9 said:
I like what I see...I'm still shooting the LX and have always loved it. If the Reezen gets good reviews I might have to make a trade next year.

I own a LX too . It's a nice shooting bow , although a bit heavier and noisier than my PSE .
Mathews will get plenty of hype out of their "latest and greatest"lineup . They always do . The DXT and Drenalin will suddenly become obsolete because guys think they gotta have the latest model to make them a better bowhunter . :)

Jubal

I have owned three different Mathews bows. The new Mathews don't impress me enough to sell the Bowtech 82nd that I have now. No doubt that Mathews makes a great product, however the single cams lack in the speed department and as Radar mentioned "speed sells".

Radar

Matt is a genius , he knows how to hype his newest lineup as the latest and greatest . I just get a kick out of the Mathews fan club . It's just another bow guys , it's not going to make you a better bowhunter .

Double Drops

Jubal said:
I have owned three different Mathews bows. The new Mathews don't impress me enough to sell the Bowtech 82nd that I have now. No doubt that Mathews makes a great product, however the single cams lack in the speed department and as Radar mentioned "speed sells".

Have you looked at the new line-up? Their new single cam (Reezen) is the fastest single cam on the market. They now have the fastest dual cam bow on the market as well.

Radar

What makes the new lineup better without mentioning the increase in speed ? Are the bows going to be more forgiving , quieter , improved grip so guys don't have to buy an aftermarket grip ? No !

Double Drops

Radar said:
Matt is a genius , he knows how to hype his newest lineup as the latest and greatest . I just get a kick out of the Mathews fan club . It's just another bow guys , it's not going to make you a better bowhunter .

No bow makes you a better hunter. A bow that you have confidence in will make you a better shot. Just because his new bows are fast doesn't mean they aren't accurate.

Radar

I just find it entertaining to see all of the hype over the new lineup , and all of the guys selling last year's obsolete model to buy a new model . Maybe I'll take that opportunity to buy their obsolete model for 1/2 of what they paid . They make a great bow . The best ? That's in the hands of the shooter .

I can't decide what bow to put in the bow case tomorrow ? The Kodiak Outdoors Titan 34 , PSE Mach X , or the Mathews LX . :confused: I shoot all of them well enough to put meat in the freezer .

Gravey

I've never understood all the hype from year to year with new bows from any manufacturer. Maybe it's just that I'm a tightwad and don't want to spend the money. Or maybe it's like my signature says. Either way, do what makes you happy. I'll continue shooting my Switchback that I've had for about 4 years now and probably not buy another one until it dies or I've had it about 10 years. Speed is way overrated. As I've told some before it doesn't matter how fast you miss.

bobthebowhunter

Looks like they finally made a dual cam like every one else already has.

Follow the leader......oh I mean catch us if you can.

They did what most bow companies are doing chopping brace heights to gain speed. I'll take the forgiveness over speed any day.

Nice looking line up though.

Radar

bobthebowhunter said:

They did what most bow companies are doing chopping brace heights to gain speed. I'll take the forgiveness over speed any day.

Bingo !

Crow Terminator

I wouldn't go far as to say they are the fastest bows on the market.

Pearson's 2009 TX-4 dual cam is rated for 361 fps and the same bow with the single cam is rated for like 330 fps. And they are selling for about $200 cheaper. If you are a speed bow person, that's the bow to beat for 2009.

I've personally never seen a Mathews shoot what the ads claim speed wise anyway. These other companies are doing real world tests and getting those speeds.

Like it or not, speed has came with the package for todays bows and contrary to opinion, they have worked in a surprising amount of forgiveness and accuracy with it.

Oh and in addition to that. I still say the 2009 Mathews are pretty close copies to the X-Force bows. And the X-Force was no slouch in smoothness, accuracy, and forgiveness. I'd still have mine if it weren't for the hassle of treking down ProSeries Dealers with it just to use the press. The funny part I'm seeing in all of this are the diehard Mathews guys that are eating crow right now about how they wouldn't dare come out with a dual cam bow and such. And the others are oohing and ahhing over the "new innovations" that they said were awful in the X-Force. I'm bowless right now so I'll just shoot them all and come out with the one I like the best. Don't matter what label is on it. As long as I like it, it's all good. I'm not a Mathews basher...just find their diehard shooters funny some times. I don't know what I'll end up with in the end.

Double Drops

Mathews has a bow to suit everyone's needs in my opinion. They have several smooth draw, big BH models (DXT, Drenalin, XT, etc.), a fast solocam with a big BH (Reezen), and a super-fast dual cam (Monster). Even if speed isn't your thing, they have other models that are.

Radar

Radar said:
What makes the new lineup better without mentioning the increase in speed ? Are the bows going to be more forgiving , quieter , improved grip so guys don't have to buy an aftermarket grip ?

One more time .

BigCountry71

bobthebowhunter said:

Ditto

Rickym

bobthebowhunter said:

wrong.....
The cam system on the Monster isn't like anything anyone else has... Watch the video..
http://mathewsinc.com/bows/monster.asp#gallery

I don't get why people make a big deal about people buying a new bow every year..I like bows..plain and simple..If they release somehting i want..I will buy it..If they release something I want to try...I will buy it.. I work to support my family and have the things I want..If that includes a new toy every year then so be it. I can pick up a new bow and shoot it just as well as one i have had for along time.

Radar

Nothing wrong with that Ricky . I could afford to buy a new bow every year as well . If I saw anything better about the new line of Mathews , I'd probably buy one . I don't feel the need for one .
I just get a kick out of the hype over the latest and greatest every year .

richmanbarbeque

To promote bowhunting we need to promote hunters/3d shooters. I tease Mathew shooters as much as I can, mainly because it is fun. Truth be known, how anyone spends their money is between them and their family. I am a tight wad most of the times but could buy a new bow every month if I wanted to, so can many of you. I chose to have a bow that I bought from an owner of a store in Michigan that shot it in his store. I saved a ton of money and really love the bow.

Mathews is by far the most innovative archery company I have ever seen. They are the only company that has gone out on a limb to promote archery by putting their money where their mouth is(archery in school,genesis bow, etc)(yes other companies have youth bows). Other companies have done a little of it but NOTHING like Mathews. Does it make me want to run out and buy one? no It does make me respect the vision and the direction they are willing to take the sport of archery. If ever other company would have a long term commitment to archery we would not see a decline in young archers.

I am actually glad that some of the guys are absolutely nutty about Mathews and I will still joke about them drinking the cool-aid. This shows me that several of you are very commited to the sport and are long term archers/3d shooters. That is great for the sport.

Yes, I will continue to take jabs at all you cult followers but on this thread I will support you and the future of archery.

Now I am going to go throw up. :grin:

Latest posts