Mathews 2009 Bows

LCU

IMO the money Mathews spends just to bring out a new bow is unnecessary. It's like the space race in the 60's.
The top 2-3 makers all work to push out new bows just to have a new bow. This has to contribute to some makers having problems like cracking limbs,based upon marketing departments.

I am not going to fall into the latest bow trap this time.
Plan to shoot my Drenalin as long as I can shoot it.

Double Drops

LCU said:
IMO the money Mathews spends just to bring out a new bow is unnecessary. It's like the space race in the 60's.
The top 2-3 makers all work to push out new bows just to have a new bow. This has to contribute to some makers having problems like cracking limbs,based upon marketing departments.

I am not going to fall into the latest bow trap this time.
Plan to shoot my Drenalin as long as I can shoot it.

I think Mathews does a dang good job of listening to what the customers want. People have wanted a speed bow for years. They now have the fastest one on the market as well as a very fast single cam bow for those that don't care as much about speed.

LCU

Speed is only one variable of many that are necessary to make clean kills.
The key to bow hunting is to buy a efficient bow,and learn to shoot it well. Pratice to put the broadhead where it needs to go.

Double Drops

LCU said:
The key to bow hunting is to buy a efficient bow,and learn to shoot it well. Pratice to put the broadhead where it needs to go.

Yeah, I know that.

paradis1142

Some very impressive looking bows there. Just may have to sell the hoyt and go back to mattews. So much for the whole solo cam thing huh. Never thought that Id see that.

Crow Terminator

Well I at one time had a PSE X-Force and loved the bow but it was a pain to find a press for it. I waited all this time to hear what the fuss was going to be about for the 2009 Mathews...only to see they've pretty much copied the X-Force design.

Well I'll have one of them anyway just because I liked the X-Force. Now maybe the local dealers will have a press to fit them. I like the looks of the Monster.

Radar

I don't like the amount of reflex in the risers to increase the speed on the new Reezen . This tends to decrease forgiveness . I'll never sacrifice forgiveness to achieve more speed . Speed is a non-issue for me .
I guess they did what they had to do to keep up with the speed race . PSE and Bowtech where blowing them away in that department .

Double Drops

Radar said:
I don't like the amount of reflex in the risers to increase the speed on the new Reezen . This tends to decrease forgiveness . I'll never sacrifice forgiveness to achieve more speed . Speed is a non-issue for me .
I guess they did what they had to do to keep up with the speed race . PSE and Bowtech where blowing them away in that department .

Even with a 7" BH?

LCU

Double Drops said:
LCU said:

Yeah, I know that.

Didn't mean to bust your chops. I came off wrong.

IMO sometimes speed is valued more than eficiency.

JayMc

I saw them last night at midnight Kyle :D

It was about 11:30 when I was getting ready for bed. My wife had been asleep for a while. I remembered the rollout at midnight and stayed up a bit longer. The Mathews site more or less crashed from the traffic :D

I want to shoot the Reezin 7. The Monster looks cool, but I doubt it's for me. I was disappointed that there isn't an update to any of the tournament bows. I'm in the market for a 60lb bow for FITA. I guess I'll just buy a blueberry DLD. :)

JayMc

Rickym said:
Double Drops said:
I've never been a speed-bow person at all, but the Monster has my attention. I want to shoot it to see how it feels.

Just order it Kyle. haHa
Mine is on order.

Didn't he waffle back and forth last year.....right up to the point when he bought his DXT :D

Radar

JayMc said:
I saw them last night at midnight Kyle :D

It was about 11:30 when I was getting ready for bed. My wife had been asleep for a while. I remembered the rollout at midnight and stayed up a bit longer. The Mathews site more or less crashed from the traffic :D

I want to shoot the Reezin 7. The Monster looks cool, but I doubt it's for me. I was disappointed that there isn't an update to any of the tournament bows. I'm in the market for a 60lb bow for FITA. I guess I'll just buy a blueberry DLD. :)

You stayed up for the rollout of the new lineup ? Don't drink the Koolaid . :D

Double Drops

JayMc said:
Rickym said:
Double Drops said:
I've never been a speed-bow person at all, but the Monster has my attention. I want to shoot it to see how it feels.

Just order it Kyle. haHa
Mine is on order.

Didn't he waffle back and forth last year.....right up to the point when he bought his DXT :D

I know, I know. I wish they had the Monsters out to shoot.

JeepKuntry

The Monster reminded of the PSE X Force so that didn't impress me. With the smaller brace heights, that bow will not be forgiving. I like some of the designs that Mathews has done, but alot of the bows have to small ata's for my liking. When your 6'3", 29" draw with a d loop, the peep is way up the string by the cam. My Hoyt Katera is 34" ata and that's about as short as I'm willing to go. 33" would be the absolute lowest.

Latest posts