Bows over the years

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

I got to looking back at the bow and arrows I have used over the years.man, how much things have changed, what all bows have you the older generation used
i have used
1. high country
2.Oneida strike eagle
3.PSE fireflight
4.PSE carrera
5.PSE thunderbolt
6.PSE Mach 8
7. And currently a Mathews Atlas

TnBob

Started with a Ben Pearson recurve. Then a Bear Whitetail Hunter. After that I had Barnett, Hoyt, High country, Onieda, PSE and don't remember any more. After that came several different Excalibur crossbows.

Ski

Oh boy I can't really say for sure but I began with a Pearson recurve then moved into a Bear Whitetail Hunter compound. First cam bow was a Jennings. Had several Bear and Hoyt bows. In the last several bows I've not seen any big improvements. The carbon Hoyt Defiant was nice because of weight and warm to touch on cold days. And the Bowtech RevoltX with camlock is what I've got now and it's pretty awesome. But speed and overall comfort hasn't changed much in a bit.

I don't see myself swapping bows again until something truly advancing comes out. They're too expensive to be offering nothing significantly better.

Urban_Hunter

PSE Game Flyte
PSE Nova
Diamond "The Rock"
Mathews Monster 7.0
Bowtech Revolt X

I'd say going from the game flyte to the nova was the biggest "jump" along the way. Killed way more deer with it than the other 4 put together. Also kept it way longer. The monster was a laser beam but extremely finicky and unforgiving. I imagine the Revolt will be my last bow unless I drop poundage down the road. Love it

knightrider

Started with a bear whitetail in 1989 i was 12 and killed my first deer with it. There has been so many pse and hoyt since than i can't remember, got a matthews image and it will be my last one until my wife puts me in a jar someday

bigtex

Ben Pearson recurve, Bear Kodiac Magnum [killed my first deer with it], PSE compound, can't remember the Mdl, Mcphearson compound, Mathews MQ1. There were some more but I can't remember them.

JN

I love archery hunting and collecting bows. I still have all of the bows I have shot over the years. I can't remember the very first bow dad got me to hunt with but I know it was a PSE. My dad shot for PSE in the early 90's so most of my bows till recently have been PSE. I just recently picked up a used Mach 34 for about $900 off msrp and it also had about $500 in accessories to go with it that I am going to setup as an ultralight rig for backpacking. I probably would have gone with the new lift but couldn't pass up the deal I found on the PSE.

1. PSE unknown model
2. PSE Mach 6
3. PSE Carrera
4. PSE Brute
5. Bowtech SR6
6. Mathews V3 31
7. Mathews V3x 33
8. PSE Mach 34

Ridgeline300

Been so long I can't remember exact names but

Bear whitetail
Martin cougar magnum
Darton lightning ?(think that's the name)
Mathews MQ1
Mathews Outback

Bought the outback new in 2004 and something crazy will have to happen before I buy another. If I do my part it will kill everything I shoot at. Light enough, compact enough, fast enough and as accurate as it gets.

deerhunter10

I've had several. Don't remember the names of all of them.
Had a browning
3 or 4 different pse
3 or 4 hoyts. Hoyt rampage regret getting rid of shot that vow very well.
3 or 4 matthews. Currently hunting old school with an orginal matthews solo cam. Have a hoyt nitrum and a matthews lx. Right now. I will upgrade to a new bow this year. Don't bow hunt a ton in October anymore but bow hunted a lot this year. Took a few years off fell back in love with it.

KTS

Ben Pearson recurve
Bear Kodiak recurve
Wing recurve
Jennings compound
Martin Cougar compound
Matthews Compound
Don't remember the exact model of each one.

Jbird22

- Martin Tiger
- High Country Supreme (still have it, bought when I was 15 or 16 in 95 or 96)
- High Country Brute Force
- Mathews Switchback XT (x2 and still have 1, one of Mathews' best ever to this day)
- Bowtech Allegiance (didn't keep long)
- Bowtech Admiral (didn't keep long)
- Mathews Monster (didn't keep long)
- Elite Hunter (still have it, great bow)
- Mathews Halon 7 (been my hunting bow since 2017 and will be for foreseeable future)
- Black Hunter recurve (not ready to make the trad commitment yet)

Lost Lake

Bear Whitetail Hunter
Pearson Zb3
Alpine
High Country Safari
Power Mag
Wing recurve
Hatfield Recurve
Pearson longbow
Quillian Patriot recurve
Kentuckian Flatbow
Kohannah Kurve
Robertson Mystical longbow ( x3)
Bighorn Takedown
Robertson Fatal Styk
Bodnik Quick Stick
Bear Tigercat recurve

I know I've forgotten a few.

Around the middle of that wad of bows, I built around 300 selfbows, and hunted with them almost exclusively during archery season for a lot of years. Today I mix it up with other traditional bows.

CrossVolle

I got to looking back at the bow and arrows I have used over the years.man, how much things have changed, what all bows have you the older generation used
i have used
1. high country
2.Oneida strike eagle
3.PSE fireflight
4.PSE carrera
5.PSE thunderbolt
6.PSE Mach 8
7. And currently a Mathews Atlas
do you happen to be 6'10? That Atlas is a UNIT of a bow. lol

Latest posts