Bows over the years

Wooden Arrow

a hickory selfbow, a Sears fiberglass recurve, a Pearson recurve, a Bear WT2. a Bear Grizzly, 3 Kodiak Hunters, 4 Kodiaks, 2 Kodiak Magnums, a Damon Howatt Super Diablo, an ancient backed lemonwood lb, a Lone Tree longbow, a Bear "Club", and a bbo longbow from Vinson Miner....i think that's it. i've got a few others that my brother left to me.

OldFart

1962 Bear Polar Recurve
1977 PSE UNK
1980 Hoyt Pro Hunter
1984 Hoyt UNK
1986 Hoyt UNK
1990 Mathews UNK
1992 Hoyt UNK
1995 Hoyt UNK
2000 Great Plains Recurve
2004 Hoyt compound
2004 Wicked Ridge Invader Crossbow
Now have Colorado Crossbow permit (Stroke)

tree_ghost

I love this thread! Here goes

Bear Fox- recurve
Bear whitetail- compound
High country- compound
Matthews switchback- compound
Bowtech gaurdian- compound
Matthews z7- compound
Prime ion- compound
Bowtech Invasion - compound (favorite)
Hoyt Buffalo- recurve
Martin x200 - recurve
Bear kmag- recurve (restored from a buy here)
BJ Thunderchild- longbow
Bowtech Sooution - compound

***if anyone ever want to let go of old archery equipment please let me know I collect it***

Wooden Arrow

anything in particular you are looking for? neither of my sons bowhunt, no bowhunting friends to scatter them out to and i'm getting ready to thin my herd. got a Grizzly, an early "wall-hanger" Kodiak (fifties), an early '60s Kodiak Special target bow, a model 835 Ben Pearson shoulder quiver...

WTNBowHunter

First bow was a PSE, followed by another PSE, then a Hoyt Lighting Flight II (think that was the name), then Switchback XT (Favorite bow still to date i think), Reezen 6.5, Halon 32 (just posted this full setup on Craigslist to sell so I can get the LIFT. Feel certain that the LIFT will be my favorite once I start shooting it. Bows have come a long way over the past 20+ years that I've been bow hunting. The new ones are all really good imo!

tree_ghost

anything in particular you are looking for? neither of my sons bowhunt, no bowhunting friends to scatter them out to and i'm getting ready to thin my herd. got a Grizzly, an early "wall-hanger" Kodiak (fifties), an early '60s Kodiak Special target bow, a model 835 Ben Pearson shoulder quiver...
That's exactly the type stuff I'm after….

david k.

Man...I'm not even sure I can remember them all but I'll try:

Browning Bushmaster
Browning Nomad
PSE Polaris
PSE Thunderflite
PSE Nova
Mathews Ultralite
Mathews Z-Max
Mathews Legacy
Diamond Black Ice
Diamond Ice Man
Mathews Reezen
Mathews Creed
Mathews Halon 6
Mathews V3X
And my "new" favorite bow is a Mathews Switchback XT

Joe2Kool

Ben Pearson recurve circa 1978
Champion Buck Saber circa 2001
Parker Excaliber(?) hand- me-down circa 2015

That Champion has served me well but it's time for an upgrade!! 😁😁

redblood

PSE Game Flyte
PSE Nova
Diamond "The Rock"
Mathews Monster 7.0
Bowtech Revolt X

I'd say going from the game flyte to the nova was the biggest "jump" along the way. Killed way more deer with it than the other 4 put together. Also kept it way longer. The monster was a laser beam but extremely finicky and unforgiving. I imagine the Revolt will be my last bow unless I drop poundage down the road. Love it
i cant understand how anyone shoots a matthews. bought a v3x and took it back the next day- heavy and harsh cycles. i have a bowtech realm x and aa new solution ss. both are awesome but the solution ss is smooth as silk, short and light. love it

Urban_Hunter

i cant understand how anyone shoots a matthews. bought a v3x and took it back the next day- heavy and harsh cycles. i have a bowtech realm x and aa new solution ss. both are awesome but the solution ss is smooth as silk, short and light. love it
Shoot a switchback xt and you'll understand. The solution is a crazy smooth bow, and add the "super smooth" version and it's a hall of famer IMO. I personally don't give a rip about the sticker on the bow. Mathews has made some great ones, but the v3x isn't my style for sure. The Monster I had was a great 3d bow and shot extremely flat, especially for its era. It was the most brutal cycle ever and I bumped my elbow at full draw turning on a deer in it ripped my arm down, tearing my labrum and rotator cuff. Not a great hunting bow IMO.

tree_ghost

I like your taste…. 😎

tree_ghost

Shoot a switchback xt and you'll understand. The solution is a crazy smooth bow, and add the "super smooth" version and it's a hall of famer IMO. I personally don't give a rip about the sticker on the bow. Mathews has made some great ones, but the v3x isn't my style for sure. The Monster I had was a great 3d bow and shot extremely flat, especially for its era. It was the most brutal cycle ever and I bumped my elbow at full draw turning on a deer in it ripped my arm down, tearing my labrum and rotator cuff. Not a great hunting bow IMO.
Switchback was/is one of the best hunting bows ever!!!

Latest posts