Makes sense...... I guess

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
So I recently bought a battery powered impact.
Came with a nifty little bag and all.
Gonna put it, along with the needed sockets to change a flat in the truck.
Checked yesterday to see what sizes I needed.
Trailer lugnuts 13/16"
Nuts that hold spare on 3/4"

Really???

I didn't understand that one at all.

Guess it doesn't matter as the truck takes 3/4" as well. LOL
Just found that very odd for whatever reason.

Spurhunter

My spare tire mount also takes a 3/4 and my son just bought a spare tire mount for his new boat and he mentioned it was 3/4 as well. I guess they include 1/2 bolts with all those mounts and that may or may not match your lug nuts. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know if you've considered it, but I bought a small aluminum floor jack at Harbor Freight that I keep in my truck. If I have a flat on the truck or the boat trailer I'm not messing with the jack under the truck hood.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My spare tire mount also takes a 3/4 and my son just bought a spare tire mount for his new boat and he mentioned it was 3/4 as well. I guess they include 1/2 bolts with all those mounts and that may or may not match your lug nuts. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know if you've considered it, but I bought a small aluminum floor jack at Harbor Freight that I keep in my truck. If I have a flat on the truck or the boat trailer I'm not messing with the jack under the truck hood.
Yep, I have had one in the back end of my truck, under the toolbox for years.
After my brother-in-law passed away I found one identical to mine that looks like it has never been used in the garage.
Gonna keep the new one in the truck now. :D

BigCityBubba

Thats why I always kept a 4 way in my truck and still do even though I also have a 20v dewalt impact wrench in my truck when towing and on long trips. Run up to wally world and buy a cheap set of impact sockets if you don't have what you need. They are around $20 to $25 for a set. I love the battery impacts. No more compressor and hoses.

Spurhunter

Does it work?

If a battery powered impact wrench works well, it shows how far we have come in battery technology.
All we use at work are Milwaukee 1/2 drive battery powered impacts. We used the 18V for years but have since moved up to whatever the latest and greatest are. The 18V impacts were badass. You can imagine how strong the new ones are. If they won't break it loose, you better pack a lunch.

cbhunter

I am always looking for another excuse to buy a dewalt 20v tool.
Glad I ain't the only one with that problem! Last weed I added hedge trimmers and leaf blower. I have used that durn leaf blower every day since. I have a backpack blower that will blow the gravel off the driveway if I want but it's too big and bulky. The hedge trimmers were awesome as well. The weight factor is a huge plus

jlanecr500

In my truck bed, I carry a milk crate that has a new brake drum with bearings for the car trailer, a hub with new bearings for either of my boat trailers, a 4-way, a 16" piece of treated 2x8, an air pump, a plug kit, and a trailer axle lifter as linked below. I also carry a spare for my car dolly and a boat trailer. The car trailer has 2 spares hidden underneath.

Amazon product ASIN B000FZ345S

Omega

I replaced my 4-way with these from Harbor Freight, only used them a couple times but so far so good.
1685675548641.png

I wanted an impact wrench so when Home Depot had this sale for $299, I figured why not.
20V MAX Cordless 4.5 in. - 5 in. Grinder, (1) 20V 6.0Ah Battery, (1) 20V 4.0Ah Battery, and Charger

With this, you get another free tool and the lighter 20v impact wrench, usually $219, was included, so that is what I chose. It has 300ft-lbs Torque and Max 450ft-lbs of Breakaway Torque which is plenty for what I need it for.
ATOMIC 20V MAX Cordless Brushless 1/2 in. Variable Speed Impact Wrench (Tool Only)

I think it's still on sale so if you are looking, it isn't a bad deal.

Latest posts