Why I Catfish

rsimms

When I began Scenic City Fishing Charters, Inc., I initially advertised that he would take people fishing for anything that swam in the Tennessee River. But partly due to my own interests, and largely due to the photographs I posted in marketing efforts, my personal guide business slowly evolved into 80 percent catfishing. But exactly what first drew me into the wonderful world of catfishing? Here's your answer: https://catfishnow.com/MAG/2023/12/14/why-we-catfish-by-capt-richard-simms/

01012024_why_catfish_Simms1.jpg

Omega

Great story, I do like me some catfish, but honestly would rather pull in the 10-14" cats, blues, than the bigger ones. I enjoy bringing in a big one now and then but I just don't think they taste as good once they get too big. About the same with bass, which is why I target crappie and other sunfish, they just taste better.

huvrman

Great article! I remember as a teen catching a 9 pounder from a friend's uncles farm pond (with my friend of course), only to have his uncle (who didn't realize he had such big fish) tell me to throw it back. So disappointed yet such a rush just to catch it. The biggest fish ever caught in my lifetime. Made such an impact that when I got older and had my own property I built a lake, and just last year stocked it in channel cats. This next spring will be spent lounging on my dock with a tub of livers, a line in the water, and watching the sun set while waiting for the "tug.". Can't wait!

Biggun4214

I have been a catfish fan most of my life. I would sneak to a neighbor's pond to catch bullheads. My Dad and his brothers set limb lines for big flatheads. When I was about 7 Dad borrowed a boat and set a trot line. The next morning the line had moved down stream and Dad thought someone had run it. As he run it a huge flathead appeared. He got it to the boat but didn't have a net and it pulled the line out of his hands. He then pulled the line back to the fish and this time it straighten the hook and swam off. I went to school telling of a five foot catfish. The other kids thought I was telling a tale. I soon was nicknamed Catfish. Catfish followed me through high school and some people still call me Catfish over 50 years later.
Also Richard is a great guide!!!!!

Latest posts