I Ain't Lyin'

rsimms

When people inquire about winter catfishing trips, I always tell them, "We normally won't catch big numbers catfishing in the winter, but it's a great time to potentially tie into trophy catfish. Chris Sanders and his friend, Drew, recently learned how true that can be.

The pair had had an epic January day on the Tennessee River fishing with Capt. Aaron Massey - one of the team members guiding with Scenic City Fishing Charters.

Capt. Massey said, "It was a fun day on the Tennessee River today! The day started out with a bang with some drag peeling from the rod rack. Drew stepped up and we boated his personal best blue at 57 pounds! Later in the morning Chris one-upped him with his personal best catfish at 64 pounds! Then, just 15 minutes later Drew had the final say with a fat 67-pound blue!"

The duo also caught a few eaters to take home and filet.

Capt. Massey said, "These guys work at Truck N Trailers USA in Chattanooga. They have worked on my boat and trailer and I can't recommend them enough. If anybody in the Chattanooga or North Georgia area is looking for a great trailer and truck accessories shop make sure you give them a hollar!"

Chris_64lb.jpg
Drew_67lb.jpg

Latest posts