M&P or Glock

TN Song Dog

If for home, I would say either in a full size frame. I have M&P9c, and a G17. I feel more confident with the full size at home. No complaints at all from the compact M&P, and I do shoot it very well. If I were starting over and could only have 1 pistol for home protection only, I would buy the M&P full size.

Deerhunter

Flip a coin or go with whatever feels best to you. I have multiples of both, I personally prefer the Glock ever so slightly. I always have a Glock 19 or M&P Shield on me. Even with an Apex trigger kit in one of my M&Ps, I still prefer the Glock trigger.

Like infomanjr posted I would prefer a long gun as my primary home defense, but I also keep a M&P police tradein by my bedside also. Just because it was cheap and I'm not out much if someone breaks in and gets it.

I just put together an AR15 pistol lower, as soon as I can pick out an upper for it, it should make a handy home gun.

TNRifleman

I prefer Glocks (I carry a 23) because of the way they fit my hand and of course reliability. However (big pause), you can go to Academy and get 2 S&W SDVE pistols for about $600 total. They are Glock clones and function superbly. A $20 Apex spring kit for each and you have a very good pistol that is essentially a mid-size Glock. That way you can keep one in the car (or wherever else) and one in the house at all times.

Daniel n

It's kind of pick your personal predeencw here. I'm not a glock fan, but do own a few. I carry a shield, my wife carries a ruger sr9c, and we have a pistol grip mossberg 500 that hangs behind the head board. It's hard to go wrong with glock, s&w, sig, HK, etc. They are all great guns.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TNReb

I prefer Glocks - I'm just a big fan.

However, they're both good guns and I think you should go with the one that simply feels best to you.

Smokin45

Deerhunter":1vvpz6wm said:
I just put together an AR15 pistol lower, as soon as I can pick out an upper for it, it should make a handy home gun.
Hope you got a can for that thing cause if you ever need to use it in your home, you will wish you had. ;)

LanceS4803

From a Fed LEO firearms instructor and Glock/Sig armorer:

What feels best in your hand.

I'm a big 1911 fan, but carry a Glock for work. G26
I ran mine for 15,000rds and then tore the gun down to every pin and spring. No unusual wear and absolutely nothing in the striker channel. During that time I had with only 3 FTF. All 3 primer related
Our agency Sigs were constant problems.

landman

I guess I know the answer, the Glock just doesn't feel good in my hand
The M&P or Sigs do

For home I do have long guns ready
887 Nitro Mag
AR
And usually one bolt gun out of safe

Just looking for a full size for truck/carry/house to keep in mud room
I'm setting out in the open with one neighbor and can see 300 to 500 yds

Deerhunter

Smokin45":2tlqxyzk said:
Deerhunter":2tlqxyzk said:
Hope you got a can for that thing cause if you ever need to use it in your home, you will wish you had. ;)

I just had my trust drew up. Hope to have serveral cans in the pipeline before long. :party:

rem270

Like others said just flip a coin. Can't go wrong. I'm a Glock fan. My carry gun is a Glock 43 or 26, just whichever i prefer that day. On my night stand i have a 17 and 19. I don't have kids so i just leave them both in the pistol holder by the night stand. I actually leave all 4 of them in it at night because i don't want someone breaking in and finding it and possibly shooting me with my own gun.

But before i grab any of them pistols in a standoff i will grab my home defense 12 ga and blow the walls down. If they are still standing then i'll grab the pistols :D

BDS05

Glock guy myself, especially at home. I'd look at it as if my wife needed to handle said weapon while I was maybe out for a hunt, Glock has no buttons or switches to forget, not to mention proven reliability. While I've handled S&W, I've yet to handle a full size auto.
While others are suggesting unsaid brands, I'll throw out the H&K. I've got nothing but love for them. Cant go wrong with a USP or more affordable VP.

7mm08

rem270":1t09hly3 said:
Like others said just flip a coin. Can't go wrong. I'm a Glock fan. My carry gun is a Glock 43 or 26, just whichever i prefer that day. On my night stand i have a 17 and 19. I don't have kids so i just leave them both in the pistol holder by the night stand. I actually leave all 4 of them in it at night because i don't want someone breaking in and finding it and possibly shooting me with my own gun.

But before i grab any of them pistols in a standoff i will grab my home defense 12 ga and blow the walls down. If they are still standing then i'll grab the pistols :D

Agreed regarding drywall , but after that and you go into chase mode with Glock or M&P don't slip in the guy's
Pile of Poo which would take you out of your defensive stance!

Latest posts