Christensen or Bergara

parch

I have both Christensen ridgeline in 300wm and a bergara hmr and wilderness ridge in 308. They all of them shoot great the bergaras shoot right out of the box but get ready to burn a few boxes through the Christensen breaking the barrel in. Plus it has a bigger price tag.

Ridgeline300

I have both Christensen ridgeline in 300wm and a bergara hmr and wilderness ridge in 308. They all of them shoot great the bergaras shoot right out of the box but get ready to burn a few boxes through the Christensen breaking the barrel in. Plus it has a bigger price tag.
I have one Christensen already and I'm wanting to add to the collection. The new bergara ridge carbon is very tempting.

Hardwoodmaterials

I have both brands and prefer to carry and hunt with the Christensen Mesa. The Bergaras I have shoot great but to be honest they just feel a bit awkward and unbalanced for a hunting rifle. If you have a short walk in to a box blind or stand either would be fine.

7X57

Now that I've had both, I think the Bergara Premier series is way ahead of Christensen. The Christensen stock is not what I'd consider a high end custom. Also, keep in mind that Christensen makes lower quality guns for Cabelas, etc. They are missing some details like nitriding of the bolt body, bolt strap, etc. I don't think that is right since most consumers don't know they aren't buying their standard grade Ridgeline or Mesa. I did contact them about this and all I can say is their customer service has gone down hill since they've grown.

TNRifleman

I'm gonna get the carbon in 300 win mag
That's going to be a good one. I was fortunate enough to get one of their prototype b14 carbon barrels and it was in 300 WM. It stacks. EC860F19-BFED-47CD-A118-FDF9143E099F.jpeg

Ridgeline300

Now that I've had both, I think the Bergara Premier series is way ahead of Christensen. The Christensen stock is not what I'd consider a high end custom. Also, keep in mind that Christensen makes lower quality guns for Cabelas, etc. They are missing some details like nitriding of the bolt body, bolt strap, etc. I don't think that is right since most consumers don't know they aren't buying their standard grade Ridgeline or Mesa. I did contact them about this and all I can say is their customer service has gone down hill since they've grown.
I have a Christensen and really like it but I've been doing lots of research and asking questions like in here. I'm with you on the Premier Series. Don't think the ridge carbon that I'm leaning towards is a premier series rifle but I'm sure would be just as good in many ways. So now do I get the carbon or a premier series lol

Ridgeline300

That's going to be a good one. I was fortunate enough to get one of their prototype b14 carbon barrels and it was in 300 WM. It stacks. View attachment 165831
The ridge carbon wouldn't fall into the premier series would it? I have been looking at premier series and starting to think about it. I've narrowed it down, definitely getting one or the other now.

TNRifleman

I have a Christensen and really like it but I've been doing lots of research and asking questions like in here. I'm with you on the Premier Series. Don't think the ridge carbon that I'm leaning towards is a premier series rifle but I'm sure would be just as good in many ways. So now do I get the carbon or a premier series lol
I'll be honest with you. The premier series is fantastic but the B14 series is an awesome value. They are all cerakoted now and the newer Bergara trigger is fantastic. Accuracy-wise, I have never really noticed much difference between the two series. The ridge carbon is on my short list of next ones to pick up.

TNRifleman

The ridge carbon wouldn't fall into the premier series would it? I have been looking at premier series and starting to think about it. I've narrowed it down, definitely getting one or the other now.
Ridge Carbon is a B14 series. It is a chrome moly action instead of stainless, but both series are cerakoted now. The bolt on the Premier series is a little different in that it has a floating bolt head and non-rotating has shield. Otherwise, they are pretty similar. Oh and the Prmeier series takes 8-40 base screws instead of the smaller, standard 6-48 screws.

Latest posts