Loudon county public land hunters

Vermin93

Have you seen the proposed changes to Tellico Lake WMA? Kind of interesting. No more doe days at Wear's Bend. Also, they are opening a new area called Tellico West Unit and doing 4 one-day draw hunts. I'm curious if anyone thinks those draw hunts would be worth applying for?

WMA Seasons (Redline)

Tellico Lake

Recommendation: Region III

Justification: Adding a Wear�s Bend Unit helps clarify and simplify seasons on the WMA.

Portions of Wear�s Bend Unit are in Loudon and Monroe counties. Loudon county has a non-quota antlerless hunt, but Monroe county does not. Closing the unit to this hunt helps simplify regulations while meeting herd management goals.

Establishing Tellico West Unit as a new unit. The Tellico reservoir development Agency Industrial Park requested deer hunts on this property to help control the deer herd there.

[color:#FF0000]Special Regulations

Wear�s Bend Unit � (That portion of Tellico Reservoir Development Agency Industrial Park at LTRM 18.0 on the North side of Tellico Reservoir)

Same as statewide season, except as noted. Wild hogs may be taken during any deer hunt by legal deer hunters Closed to special season antlerless hunts.

Tellico West Unit � (That portion of Tellico Reservoir Development Agency Industrial Park at LTRM 18.0 on the South side of Tellico Reservoir)

Four hunts. Sept 21. Oct 26, Nov 16, Dec 21. Hunter quota 30 each hunt. One deer either sex (bonus deer).[/color]

stik

Right_Tackle74 said:
That's the only way to get to Hunt in Loudon County. Get drawn on a quota Hunt.

what quota hunt? there are several thousand acres of public TVA land in loudon county.

Right_Tackle74

I hunted some TVA land out on Axley Chapel Rd. in Greenback, Had 2 Hicks come by and shoot maybe a 20 lb. Fawn from the Road where I was Hunting, Guy ran out of his truck, Picked it up with ONE HAND, ran with it to the truck and speed off. That was in 1999, I've only went back over there once since. It just erks me that the Road my Dad lives on has a ton of Deer that are never Hunted, I've knocked on doors like a Jehovah's Witness in Loudon County where I live but no takers.I hunt elsewhere where Leases are available. Is there a website to download maps of TVA land in Loudon? I'm only aware of a couple, and Tellico Parkway used to be Archery only.

Latest posts