Lots of talk…

CritterGitter

20230117_105305.jpg
fed ex just stopped by

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
If you don't mind sharing how you catching armadillos? Are they by catch? I've done some trapping for fur bearers but this residential so leg holds and coni's mak me nervous. Suggestions?
Most are caught by a .22 or a Ram 2500 but have live trapped a few with guide rails laid out creating a funnel. The best bait is another dillo! Honestly, they follow few rules but will investigate another dillo or the scent of??
Still learning

TheLBLman

What does coons have to do with turkeys
Coons may be the most proficient "nest raiders".
Sometimes they also kill the the hen turkey which is hesitant to leave her nest.

Whether they're as deadly to nests & hens as coyotes almost becomes a non-issue considering the sheer overwhelming numbers of coons in most places now.

TheLBLman

I have not witnessed it but have been told by several folks I consider smarter than I that dillo do indeed destroy the nests of all ground nesters
If they do, they are a growing problem.

Last year, believe in February, we had several consecutive extremely cold days. I figured maybe just enough to kill most armadillos. Nope. Saw more in the summer of 2022 than ever before.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
If they do, they are a growing problem.

Last year, believe in February, we had several consecutive extremely cold days. I figured maybe just enough to kill most armadillos. Nope. Saw more in the summer of 2022 than ever before.
We have been exterminating them at an ever increasing rate

Latest posts