Looking for someone to score (East Tn)

huvrman

Google TN Deer Registry. There is an email and number you can call to get it scored by a TWRA scorer. If it meets the minimums, they will post it to the TWRA TN Deer Registry. it will require a minimum drying time. I believe it is 60 days. Great deer, btw.

Snake

A non-typical needs 185" to NET Boone and Crockett.
185" net is a VERY LARGE rack.

But the Tennessee Deer Registry for gun starts at 140 Typical Net score.
Non typical I believe starts at 165".

That is a FINE buck.

I am a scorer for B/C and P/Y and Tn Deer Registry but near Chattanooga.
Please don't mention net scores around some will scorch you , although that is what is required to enter into these books you mentioned .

Snake

This is a Knox county deer, I've had him on several trail cameras since 2018 and he was pretty much a ghost when he was around I would get pictures of him every two weeks or so. Sometimes he would disappear for a month or two.
This season he really blew into a crazy rack and showed himself on camera more than usual but still only 10-15 days between each appearance. I am 95% sure I saw him following a doe way above me at the top of the ridge I was hunting in mid November. I moved around all that week and saw no deer hardly. On November 27th I jumped him and a doe out of their beds and killed him about 100 yards through the woods when he slowed down to see what I was.

I had only laid eyes on him two times in the 3 years I hunted him
Wow , the Lord sure blessed you for an opportunity but you had to put the right shot on him and that's not easy offhand through the woods. Great buck .

fairchaser

That's a very cool buck and a great story. Please don't let whatever happens on the score detract from your satisfaction. Record books are nice but deer don't know anything about them when they grow their racks. Great deer! Congratulations

DoubleRidge

Google TN Deer Registry. There is an email and number you can call to get it scored by a TWRA scorer. If it meets the minimums, they will post it to the TWRA TN Deer Registry. it will require a minimum drying time. I believe it is 60 days. Great deer, btw.

Before Covid you could call ahead of time make an appointment and carry them to the main office to be scored....but currently they are not allowing anyone in the office....but they will tell you who is nearest to your area that can score it for you... Likely your area game warden or a warden in a neighboring county... There are several TWRA personal listed as B&C scorers..... amazing buck!

Good Gosh!! Congrats that is an Impressive animal my Friend! I would say 160"(ish) definitely a Trophy & you had it right when u said he had u a little Stumped! That dude has some Stumps!!! One of the more Unique Bucks I have ever seen! CONGRATS again!

DRSJ35

Can't you call the region 4 office and talk to anybody there. Might be by appointment or something. I'm not sure I've never killed anything worth worrying about to be honest.

Biggun4214

Region 4 has at least 2 scorers.
Dan Gibbs, he should be around the office
David Sexton, he's a Sevier County Officer.
I'm sure there are others who n Region 4.

Thekla

Very nice buck!! Congrats !

Let us know what it scores and no matter what it is that is one to be proud of

Latest posts