Livescope observations

Harold Money jr

Before I purchased the Garmin livescope I asked several of my friends who had it what They had learned about fish and What was different than they had thought. After a few trips I'm giving my observations and hoping y'all can add to learning more about this thing. I'm mostly talking about crappie here on East Tennessee Lakes, but I'm interested in all the species.
1) I never knew how much gamefish/crappie are constantly swimming around a brush pile actively chasing anything that won't eat them.
2) I've always been a 1/32oz-1/16oz jig head kinda guy. I think now a 1/8oz size catches more crappie getting a reaction strike seems to be much better than sitting in their face. I'm using Bobby garlands mostly.
3) It will show stuff that I never knew was there with a side scan. I'd have a brush pile marked and when trolling up to it would spot a school of fish on a limb or something that I didn't see before.
4) An anchor and especially marker buoys will make you much more efficient.
Overall it's a great fish finder but, like I was worried about, my son can't stop looking at his jig and the fish around it.

chimneyman

Livescope will show you how active crappie are.several times I've watched a school move from the brushpile I'm fishing and catching them to another brushpile I dropped 10-15 ft away and then start catching them again. Without livescope I'd never find them again

BlackEagle1

The information I have gained from the scope has been mind blowing. I quit using markers when I got a 360 and have gotten farther from them since the scope (to much wasted time). If you're starting to like 1/8 ounce heads don't be scared to bump on up in weight. I'll be running 1/4+ the majority of the time.

nashvillefishingguides

I've been using Livescope for 3 years and it's a gamechanger for sure.
Watching fish react to your bait offerings in live time is amazing.
We've been catching limits of white bass in 50 FOW with the fish staying at 35-40 ft.
Drop the spoon down, watch it fall, stop it right in their midst and jig. You can watch the fish swarm your bait and be surprised at how many look and swim away.
GET THE LIVESCOPE!

Latest posts