Livescope guys

Is your transducer on your trolling motor or a separate pole?

• Total voters

bluball

I know you have an aluminum boat too. The glass boat guys don't blow around in the wind as much as we do. I'm not real familiar with 360. The way the guys in MS crappie fish is they lock on a certain fish and fish for that fish, more so than structure. I will say that new Humminbird deal that has it's own motor and locks on targets no matter how the boat moves is awesome.
Target lock,it works,we have installed a few for customers.We took one to the water and set everything up,works pretty good.

bluball

I know you didn't ask this question but I would get a trolling motor with spotlock before I got Livescope. To answer your question I would say "yes" with no spotlock then I'd mount it on the trolling motor so I could face into the wind and straight at what I was fishing to minimize correction. It's easier to inch forward while looking ahead and keep in the zone
Dont agree with getting a spotlock trolling motor first.I know a couple guys that have the livescope on hand controlled trolling motors and catch alot of fish.Only times i use spotlock is when im casting to structure,peeing or taking a fish off i just caught.

Spurhunter

I have a foot-pedal TM, so mine is mounted to it. Just got my livescope, and like anything, it takes some practice.
Lots of practice! I have a Garmin Force, and it is phenomenal for so many things, but for Livescope I think the Ulterra with toe tap buttons for left and right is the cream of the crop for scoping. Almost all the guys I fish with have them.

utbeef

Lots of practice! I have a Garmin Force, and it is phenomenal for so many things, but for Livescope I think the Ulterra with toe tap buttons for left and right is the cream of the crop for scoping. Almost all the guys I fish with have them.
Thank you for the info. I had looked at the Garmin Force, but the price tag scared me to death.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
On my z20 I went back and forth from pole to TM probably 6 times in 2 years. I loved the ease of having it on the trolling motor but i loved spotlocking and setting that pole right on a tree?pile or whatever cover was there. Although even on the Tm while spotlocked, I still pulled crappie off brushpiles because it still focused on the pile about 70% of the time in moderate to calm conditions

Spurhunter

On my z20 I went back and forth from pole to TM probably 6 times in 2 years. I loved the ease of having it on the trolling motor but i loved spotlocking and setting that pole right on a tree?pile or whatever cover was there. Although even on the Tm while spotlocked, I still pulled crappie off brushpiles because it still focused on the pile about 70% of the time in moderate to calm conditions
What did you finally decide?

bluball

They are all single poling these days, but they don't focus on structure. They fish for suspended fish in open water.
Alot fish structure but dont talk about it alot,but open water too.I think alot of the bigger fish are usually caught in open water.

Spurhunter

Alot fish structure but dont talk about it alot,but open water too.I think alot of the bigger fish are usually caught in open water.
I don't doubt that some are fishing structure, but the dozen or so guys in our fishing group and the guys I watch fishing the big 4 on YouTube are all fishing for suspended fish in open water. I did meet a guy at the ramp last year that had been fishing a big crappie hide and had a limit, but that's an oddity in my experience.

bluball

Patrick stone puts out alot of structure,hes a guide.Lots only believe in open water down there.Had a buddy finish in the top 10 in a big tourny on grenada a couple yrs ago was top 5 on friday.He fish the same 10 beds both days of the tourny😁

CliffordN

I did like my Livescope while turned to Perspective mode for trolling. I will say this...after seeing how many fish spook off from the incoming boat and trolling motor...it's a wonder we catch anything at all while trolling.
Planer boards help a bunch with that. To answer the OP, I have mine on a separate mount. Never tried it on the trolling motor.

Latest posts