Livescope guys?

Jmed

My Active target is on my trolling motor shaft- I can cast and reel at the same time I'm aiming at what I want to see. I wouldnt want to have to stop reeling to steer a pole.

chimneyman

I should have explained why I use separate pole. If it's on your trolling motor and your using spot lock your live scope will be moving round and around. (I think). On its own pole I don't have as much of a problem staying on target

bluball

I should have explained why I use separate pole. If it's on your trolling motor and your using spot lock your live scope will be moving round and around. (I think). On its own pole I don't have as much of a problem staying on target
Same here,mine is on a stationary pole with 360 and sidescan transducers.I believe i would have it on the trollung motor if i had a heavier fiberglass boat,my alum. boat gets blowed around and think it would be a night mare trying to stay on your target.

bluball

My Active target is on my trolling motor shaft- I can cast and reel at the same time I'm aiming at what I want to see. I wouldnt want to have to stop reeling to steer a pole.
Mine is stationary straight ahead,when you line up on a target all you have to do is cast to it.If mine was on the troling motor and it was windy it would be hard finfing staying on the target.I fish from a 17ft alum boat though,if i had a heavier fiberglass it would definately be on the trolling motor.

TN Larry

For the ones on a separate pole, what type and how do you move it? I just mounted mine on my trolling motor shaft but haven't had a chance to use it.

BlackEagle1

TM for me. I used to have it mounted stationary when I fished multiple poles on structure, but I found I got a lot more use out of it on the TM. I need both hands available, esp when chasing fish.

X-Tennessean

For the ones on a separate pole, what type and how do you move it? I just mounted mine on my trolling motor shaft but haven't had a chance to use it.
I made my own from 1 1/4" pvc and a couple ram mount pieces.
Youtube videos that explain how to, works like a charm and if I decide to go a different route the ram mounts can be reused with a mere $15 wasted on pvc!

Labboy

Mine is on a rite hite turret. Just alot easier on a windy day to keep it where I want it scanning. No matter if I'm on spot lock or manually fighting the wind or the current.