Lets see some Smokeless Muzzleloaders

fullstream

TX300mag said:
Fullstream, how does that rifle shoot for you and what is the twist?

I looked at converting one but someone told me the twist wasn't good for a MZ. If I got some bad info I want to convert one like yours BAD.

The cva stalker shoots lights out. Very accurate had 4 shots @ .75. It is a pretty heavy gun so the recoil w/ 60 n120 is very mild. The only issue is its a loose bore bu a quick knurl fixes it. The stock shoulders great for me. I am very impressed with this gun. I just picked up a cva Apex & hope it shoots half as good as the stalker ill be happy. The encore has a tight barrel and shoots very good as well, have only shot it once. This is a very light gun so recoil is up there.
Steve

Rockhound

photobucket-12655-1350411584942.jpg

photobucket-16230-1350852695137.jpg

Savage .50 with the first load I tried

cecil30-30

Rockhound said:
cecil30-30 said:
Rubberduck270 said:
And who said factory Savages weren't accurate? lol
Me...

When I found this gun new in a store and brought it home I was scared to death after reading cecils posts lol
Since getting into smokeless muzzy's i've seen some stock savages just flat out shoot and others that won't group worth a dime.

Rockhound

Andy S. said:
Rockhound said:
...I was scared to death ...
Your worries are unwarranted for sure. Looks like you have a shooter with that gun and load combination.

I'm in love with this sucker, cheaper to shoot, no cleaning, and flat accurate.

I got a little better accuracy out of the hornady HP and the BCR, but just a fraction, that might be what I shoot this year I'm not sure yet.

BTW, rubberduck you found us any primers?

Rubberduck270

Rockhound said:
BTW, rubberduck you found us any primers?
That's a GIANT no Rock. I talked to Rebel Pawn and Lawson's and they can't even backorder them. Hopefully the supplies will be replenished by September or so.

Rockhound

Looks like we might have to go on a road trip one Saturday, I heard a place in Camden had a few thousand. Franklin gun shop had some back in the winter for $40 a thousand and I aorta ha e by tail beat for not getting em.

fullstream

Rubberduck270 said:
Thanks Andy but Rockhound and myself are in search of Federal 209A primers.

I picked up 2 boxes at sportsman's warehouse in horn lake a couple weeks ago. Ill have a buddy check to see if they still got em, if so ill pick up a bunch & figure out how to get em to ya.
Steve

Latest posts