• Help Support TNDeer:

Lets see some Smokeless Muzzleloaders

Rubberduck270

With all these different threads going on about the latest smokeless builds, we need one to group them all together.

Post a pic of your smokeless rig and tell us your load info.

I'll start...

H&R 45-70 Ultra Hunter Conversion. Minox ZA3 3-9x40 BDC in Burris Signature Low rings. 62 grs. H4198 pushing a 200 gr. Hornady SST in a Harvester Light Blue Sabot. Federal 209A primers.

All of mine are Remi 700's with McGowen .45 barrels, all shoot 62 grains of H-4198, Harvester light blue sabots and Barnes 195's, or if I choose sabotless they all shoot 65 grains of H-4198 and the Parker 275 Ballistic Extremes.

This is "Black Betty", present for my 12 year old son last Christmas

This is "Envy".

This is "Ug".

Ug in the middle of this pack of SML's

Here is my CVA stalker 45-70 w/ nikon 4.5-14x40
shoots 195gn barnes w/ 60 gns of n120 was knurlin bullets w/ light blue harvestor but gonna try some tan mmp's 2550-2575fps

Here is my encore 45-70 w/ Nikon 4-12x40
shooting 200 sst's w/ 60 gns n120 light blue harvestor 2670-2690 fps

here is my savage 50 I just sold this week

should have #3 .45 done in a couple weeks, I am a smokelessaholic....

IMG_20130411_202329_002_zpsd94b8986.jpg

Encore Pro Hunter w/ TC custom shop 45/70 conversion topped w/ a Redfield Revolution. I bought the barrel from Howa around the first of the year. I shot it in Feb and currently shooting 60 grs of H4198 w/ 195 Barnes and light blue harvester sabot. I am impressed so far and can't wait to try it out on a deer.

CVA Apex - plan on shooting 60gr h4198 195 Barnes and light blue harvester. Time will tell....

The top 2 sport custom Rayhill stocks.The top one is a custom .50 cal.Solid 300 yd MOA rifle. The second is a Pac-nor .45. It is my beanfield rifle. I just finished a Laminated .45 Pac-nor for my son and will post that pic later.They all sport Zeiss Conquest.

Fullstream, how does that rifle shoot for you and what is the twist?

I looked at converting one but someone told me the twist wasn't good for a MZ. If I got some bad info I want to convert one like yours BAD.

Late but as promised. This is a Sav/Pac .45 that I put together for my son.Bedded,third pillar,and Rossmans machined/knurled quick bolt release screw. It is sporting a 3x9x40 Zeiss Conquest.I also installed a Savage Target spring in the trigger assembly. A must have for a light touch as it will improve long range accuracy.Typical of all Pacnor barrels she shoots lights out!

TX300mag said:

I looked at converting one but someone told me the twist wasn't good for a MZ. If I got some bad info I want to convert one like yours BAD.
You got some bad info. Both the CVA Stalker and the 45/70 Govt Encore twist rates are 1-20. No one that I know of has had any trouble getting them to shoot and shoot well.On the other extreme a 1-32 twist custom Douglas barrel on my buds Encore shoots lights out with 60 grn of Vit N120,290 grn barnes TMZ. This is a .50 cal mind you.

Tar12 said:
TX300mag said:

You got some bad info. Both the CVA Stalker and the 45/70 Govt Encore twist rates are 1-20. No one that I know of has had any trouble getting them to shoot and shoot well.On the other extreme a 1-32 twist custom Douglas barrel on my buds Encore shoots lights out with 60 grn of Vit N120,290 grn barnes TMZ. This is a .50 cal mind you.

Thanks Tar12! I'm happy to hear that. Since it's fairly budget friendly I think I'll bump this "want" up above the Savage 220 in priority. :cool:

WGK said:
I had no idea ML had evolved so much.
They have indeed evolved.With many areas around the country only allowing shotgun/muzzle loaders it was only a matter time. 3,000 fps has already been achieved safely. Many of the smokeless MLs will outperform center fires in both accuracy and terminal performance.Most settle for loads in the 2500-2700 fps range. Hold on hair to 300 yds.It aint grandads smokepole!

Latest posts

Back