Learned something new on Friday

DMD

So I scouted on Wednesday and found a good spot with lots of fresh buck sign. Hung my treestand and covered with my umbrella and got out of the area. The plan was to go in early Friday morning and stay all day. Got to my tree about 445 and noticed something wasn't right. Umbrella was gone and my seat and arm pads were destroyed. And my padding was all over the ground. Never seen a bear but obviously one found my summit. Didn't really know what to do at this point. So I look at the stand and the big straps under the seat seemed ok and the frame was fine. Decided to just climb and spread the straps out and sit on them and the fabric. Was actually very comfortable. I pretended I was in a saddle. Lol. Climbed and was sitting around 5. And killed a buck at 2 that afternoon. I ordered a new seat but honestly may just leave it like it is for a while. Just FYI if a bear eats anyone's seat. May be an option for you.
The new summitt seats are easy to take on and off...you might have to carry the seat with you when you leave your stand in overnight.

Latest posts