LBL quota hunt drawing

Buzzard Breath

pullemfar":uwy5drfy said:
Approx. how many folks get drawn per area per weekend for the quota hunts? Just trying to get a sense of what I'll be up against while out there since I've never hunted LBL.
If my memory serves me right, it's around 1 hunter/60 acres. But, don't bet a paycheck on that being correct.

pullemfar

Buzzard Breath":30gbs1lf said:
pullemfar":30gbs1lf said:
Approx. how many folks get drawn per area per weekend for the quota hunts? Just trying to get a sense of what I'll be up against while out there since I've never hunted LBL.
If my memory serves me right, it's around 1 hunter/60 acres. But, don't bet a paycheck on that being correct.

Appreciate it BB. I'm going into 13. I see lots of numbered roads in that area. Just trying to put something together. Area 13 encompasses approx. 9400+ acres, according to Hunt Stand, so if your estimate is close to right that would be 156+ hunters covering that area.

BULL MOOSE

Triplets drew the TN youth hunt area 15, so if momma will go and we have good weather then we Can spend some time together and create a lifetime memory. I took my 3rd preference point....waiting to find an a opportunity to hunt with a friend or relative.

Since all 3 kids are age 9, as I understand the regs they do not need a $25 usage permit??? Nor do I?

MackPC

First time applying but we picked up unit 14 for rifle season. Getting excited. Anyone have any tips for 14 let me know. right now google maps is playing a big part in helping me get a lay of the land.

UpperTully

MackPC":3ig0bzg0 said:
First time applying but we picked up unit 14 for rifle season. Getting excited. Anyone have any tips for 14 let me know. right now google maps is playing a big part in helping me get a lay of the land.

Good luck to yall. I would try to find thick stuff and pinch points. They did some prescribed burns in Area 14 before the 2015 turkey season.

csi-tech

November 11-12 area 15. First time for me that it didn't take 3 years. I got it with 2 preference points. If it ain't a whopper it's walking now that it won't be a bonus buck. I guess there is always a chance. Maybe I can tag out on the farm and leave my buds hanging. Lol.

huntman03

Me and a buddy got area 11 for the November 26 27 hunt. Never been to lbl before and would like some info on the area and back country camping. I have hunted fort Campbell quite a bit just figured we would try lbl finally got drawed. If anyone could help a feller out on area 11 and how thing work out there it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Latest posts