LBL gun hunt.

csi-tech

We stayed at the Dover Inn cabins and only hunted Friday at LBL. saw zero deer, the mosquitos were bad and heard a total of 3 shots. Area 15. We bailed and went to my farm in Humphreys for Saturday. Saw lots of deer no shooters.

Rackseeker

I have been hunting LBL for about 20 yrs. We usually kill at least one good buck when we get drawn. I enjoy hunting there but I don't think I will put in for the rifle hunt for a while. The quality and numbers are down from years past. Then they changed it where its not a bonus deer anymore. I think I will find another mid November hunt somewhere else for our group.

KPH

Saw one couldn't get a shot, heard about a dozen shots all in the morning. Last spring I had a long conversion with the big guy over LBL hunting got to hear him brag how he is bringing deer back and how big the are

TheLBLman

I can remember driving the trace and seeing lots of deer haven't seen that in years
Without the cultivated ag crops, you're simply not going to see deer in the fields at LBL like they were in times past. This is even doubly the case now with all the acorns, in the woods.

But yes, there are fewer deer at LBL compared to times past.

270MONTS

I hunted the first hunt this year and saw some does and one buck but no shot at him. But there were about 75 deer killed on first hunt and I think that's about the average number I've seen over the years.

JCDEERMAN

saw zero deer, the mosquitos were bad and heard a total of 3 shots. Area 15. We bailed and went to my farm in Humphreys for Saturday. Saw lots of deer no shooters.
This has been our experience. No deer sightings, leaving early and seeing tons of deer at the home farm. Screw LBL and screw those managing it. I quit that place about 10 years ago

PickettSFHunter

I guess it's all perspective. There are more deer at LBL than what I'm used to and the terrain lends itself well to funneling deer. I enjoy going. The last time I went to the TN side, I saw a pile of deer. Yes it could certainly be managed much better, no doubt, and I wish it would be.

deerfever

The last hunt was bad timing, not only was the weather warm but it came pretty much after all rut activity. Someone messed up the dates for both hunts and they just went with it. I am guessing if both hunts would have been on the normal dates it would have been much better for both sets of quota hunters.

Buzzard Breath

The last hunt was bad timing, not only was the weather warm but it came pretty much after all rut activity. Someone messed up the dates for both hunts and they just went with it. I am guessing if both hunts would have been on the normal dates it would have been much better for both sets of quota hunters.
Nope. #fakenews. They're both horrible hunts and noone needs to be putting in for them. 😁

Latest posts